We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel to book

ireland
Level Contributor
832 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel to book

Just after getting quote from our travel agent for 10 nights in Jamica for next year.the hotel choices that i have got are

4Star Coco La Palm Resort - Double Room including Breakfast

Country Country House - Superior Room including Breakfast supplement of €35.00 pp in total

Grand Pineapple Resort Negril - Gardenside Room - All Inclusive supplement of €71.00 pp in total

for the cliff area i have been given

Samsara Cliffs Resort dont know if i am happy with this hotel which of the other hotel would you pick I kinda like country country but garnd pineapple also look nice. I dont know which one to pick we like a nice hotel that is near everything but quite at night and most importan for me is that the AC is good.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Samsara Cliffs Resort
Samsara Cliffs Resort
1,433 Reviews
Jamaica
Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel to book

Go with either Coco La Palm or Country Country. Either one is great. CCLP is not a 4 star though, neither is CC, nor any of them for that matter. They are all 3 star. If you are considering CCLP please be careful of the room selection. You want at minimum a Deluxe. You should also check with this company based in Toronto, Canada who are very reputable and have international clients. www.negrilonestop.com

Many of the forum regulars, myself included, use them all the time.

There is an excellent special being offered through them for CCLP right now. Check it out.

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Longview, Texas...
Level Contributor
19 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel to book

The Cocolapalm hands down. Upgrade your room (which is still more than reasonable). The jr suites are HUGE! AC always works. Large clean beach with great security. Pay the extra 3$ for the upgrade on breakfast. Wifi free and picks up around the pool area and balconies in that area. We are returning there in about 1 week. Great central location for walking seven mile beach and just a very short ride to the Cliffs. Take bugspray for the evening because all of seven miles has like a sand flea that bites but no worries as long as you have on some protection Enjoy your trip!

Mentioned in this post
CocoLaPalm Resort
CocoLaPalm Resort
1,247 Reviews
Jamaica
Camrose, Canada
Level Contributor
2,986 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel to book

What are your dates Irelandlady? Coco la palm offers good summer specials, but I personally haven't seen anything during high season (mid December to mid April). That makes a difference, IMO.

I stayed at Country Country in February and loved it. An advantage IMO is that it is really boutique & personal with under 20 cottages - VERY nice, and very, very close to the beach. Other advantage is the restaurant and included hot breakfast (one of the best on 7 mile). It is rustic chic, very clean, good AC, mini fridge, small tv with good channels, large, very nice balconies/patios. You either have a view of the sea or lovely gardens & pathway, no concrete. One night out of 7 we heard music from Margaritaville, but didn't keep me awake, Other nights we heard tree frogs and sea waves - awesome!!! The bed was a bit hard. No coffee pots in rooms (kettle and tea/instant coffee). There are no screens on their louvered windows which is a dealbreaker for some, but was no problem whatsoever for my stay. Most TA reveiwers do not report issues with it. No pool here, but I don't care to swim in a pool when the sea is only steps (literally) away.

I would consider a superior room or jr. suite at Coco for sure, if I got in on one of negrilonestop summer sales. The sale is incredible and makes it quite a bit more affordable than Country Country. If you're going high season, with no sale price, I would personally choose Country Country as I think the prices are then pretty close, with the jr. suite being more. From what I've read Coco's superior and jr suites are more polished inside than Country Country, if that is a must for you, But like I wrote above, due to the wonderful, SMALL boutique experience at Country Country, and their wonderful restaurant with included breakfast, Country Country is my pick. I may try Coco at the end of April next year (due to an anticipated sale for next year) and then I'll really be able to compare the two. Can't go wrong with either of the two IMO. Just depends on your priorities for the differences between the two combined with your budget. Read TA reviews of both and you'll get a better idea as well.

Happy choosing!! :)

Edited: 14 June 2012, 17:56
Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
6,063 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel to book

Coco La Palm is great in every way.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel to book

Onestop's specials for CCLP run until mid-December. I just checked.

ireland
Level Contributor
832 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which hotel to book

Our dates are middle of april but we might have to look at later in the year maybe sep or oct we will know in the next few weeks.choice choice

Camrose, Canada
Level Contributor
2,986 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which hotel to book

yup, CCLP's special is usually for low season, beginning April 15th, at least that what it was this year. The special came out the beginning of February to start booking (but for stays Apr 15 onwards). Does it usually include stays up until Dec. 15th?

Anyway, typical resort pricing goes low season - April 15 - Dec 15, and high season - Dec. 15 - Apr 15th (there is some variation to this, I noticed Catcha's summer rates don't start until May 1st). Even without "sales" the price difference is usually fairly significant.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Which hotel to book

irelandlady,

Choose mid April over Sept or Oct otherwise you are at the tail end of hurricane season. April is quite safe for weather.

Ontario
Level Contributor
125 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which hotel to book

Coco La Palm had some fantastic rates with breakfast included on their jr. suites this May. Weather was stunning save for one welcome afternoon of rain. I can't compare to the others though you've got some great advice here! If you do go with Coco, yes choose a jr. suite. They are larger, with a great balcony, huge showers, very clean, flat screen t.v., safe. No, it's not 4 star but, it's lovely on a really good stretch of the beach.

Tiverton, Rhode...
Level Contributor
218 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which hotel to book

It sounds like everyone that has replied has been to Negril numerous times and are used to going to different places for meals. While that is not a bad thing, a first time visitor might consider Grand Pineapple. It's an all-inclusive that is inexpensive enough to allow you to try some off resort dining options.

Gardenside cottages are very quiet at night.