We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to find affordable trips?

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Spfld Missouri
Level Contributor
157 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to find affordable trips?

I have been to JA a few times and always used Apple t book. It seems that prices are really on the rise. Is this accross the board? Where does everyone find deals? Will travel in January.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,639 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to find affordable trips?

Apple is still what we use. Prices have gone up across the board. Other places people use are Negrilonestop.com, cheapcaribbean.com

2. Re: Best place to find affordable trips?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 15 April 2015, 14:44
Calgary
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to find affordable trips?

I have found some great air/hotel deals on Expedia. This is out of western Canada.

North East, Maryland
Level Contributor
169 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to find affordable trips?

Last year we used Costco to book our room, and it ended up saving us a ton vs the going expedia rate at the time. They also included the transfer which pretty much pays for the yearly membership dues at Costco if you are not already a member. The only downside to using Costco is that they only offer certain properties, usually for Jamaica they have deals for Secrets, the Iberostars, and Couples. Costco's rates for airfare are horrible however :)

For airfare we typically use Air Tran (they offer direct flights to Montego Bay from our home city) as we are able to use frequent flyer miles accrued from Southwest since they have merged their rewards program recently. I've noticed that Air Tran also offers frequent airfare specials and promos to the Caribbean, but usually they are limited to certain days of the week/have a lot of blackout dates.

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to find affordable trips?

We've done cheapcaribbean also bookit.com. just need to compare, some offer sales.

long island, ny
Level Contributor
2,977 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to find affordable trips?

allinclusiveoutlet.com

can also have some good deals.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,639 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place to find affordable trips?

I think it depends where you decide to stay. We always book the resort through Apple and it comes in the same price as most of the other sites. I book airfare on my own.

Alexandria Bay
Level Contributor
551 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best place to find affordable trips?

I have used liberty travel for a long time. They are cheaper than the online ones, If you are staying at sandals the price will usually be the same or close to Sandals.com

texas
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best place to find affordable trips?

We found the cheapest to be American Airlines Vacations. They beat all the others when we booked.

texas
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best place to find affordable trips?

It is United Airlines Vacation. Sorry.