We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

club hotel riu negril are grand pineapple negril

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Topic
club hotel riu negril are grand pineapple negril

I going to Negril Jamaica for the 1st time in Nov. the week after thanksgiving just want to relax and enjoy the beach, music, food and drinks. I comming single don't want to do alots of walking. What would be my best choice Club Hotel Riu are Grand Pineapple

Edited: 07 July 2012, 23:43
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,644 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: club hotel riu negril are grand pineapple negril

Are you going to stay on the resort or do you want to be able to leave daily and walk to bars and eats?? RIU is a larger resort but it is also on a section of the beach that is not around bars ect... GP is on a totally different section of the beach closer to bars and such. GP is smaller so not much walking on the resort itself. RIU would be more spread out. Im sure RIU would have more food chioces and more bars on their property. Also has a DIsco. Just depends whats important to you.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: club hotel riu negril are grand pineapple negril

@ Marylynn just want to stay on the resort will be just recovery from a knee replacement hopeful meet other single.

United States
Level Contributor
11,259 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: club hotel riu negril are grand pineapple negril

If walking will be an issue for you then I would pick the Grand Pineapple. The RIU Clubhotel Negril has about 450 rooms and is the largest resort in Negril. The Grand Pineapple has less than 70 rooms. I would also call (not e-mail) the resort a few days before arrival and tell them of your mobility issues and try to get a room on the ground floor.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: club hotel riu negril are grand pineapple negril

Thanks for sharing marylynn

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,639 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: club hotel riu negril are grand pineapple negril

How far out from knee surgery will you be? Walking can be a big issue after the surgery. And the beach isn't going to be the most forgiving (The unevenness of the sand can be an issue). I've had knee replacement surgery, that's why I'm asking. Just wanting to make sure you are going to far enough out to enjoy your vacation.

Also, be prepared to now go through the manual pat down at airport security. Your new prosthetic will set off the alarms every time.

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: club hotel riu negril are grand pineapple negril

Randy

I definitely recommend Grand Pineapple. Book a beachside cottage and email the general manager and front desk manager 2 weeks prior to arrival to explain your situation and request a first floor cottage. I have traveled to GPB solo a couple of times and have met other singles. The staff members are very friendly and the food is surprisingly very good for mostly buffet. Go and enjoy you will love it. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: club hotel riu negril are grand pineapple negril

@ Apache I be a good 2months after knee replacement I already check into it I can travel plus I think the sand and walking in the water would do it some good.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: club hotel riu negril are grand pineapple negril

@ negril beacklover girl love the feedback I be good traveling just didn't want to walk to far tring to meet some single and enjoy I look into the beachside near to bar and diner. Was hoping was that a good resort for meeting single

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: club hotel riu negril are grand pineapple negril

Randy

No guarantees of how many single tourists will be there but with my experience there have always been a few. Alfreds Beach Bar is right next to GPB and has a live band a couple nights out of the week you should check it out!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: club hotel riu negril are grand pineapple negril

Thanks for sharing marylynn