We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Negril excursions?

West Sussex
1 post
Save Topic
Negril excursions?

A friend and I are planning a trip to Club Hotel Riu Negril in September 2012 and would like to know what trips people did and how much they cost? Any extra info would be great.

jamaica
Level Contributor
456 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Negril excursions?

You can do Maydfied Falls, Roaring River, Blue Hole. YS Falls, Appleton Rum Factory, Black River Safari and Pelican are in the same area you can choose from those 4 which one you want to combine. Ricks Cafe is in Negril where can watch or do some cliff jumping.

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Negril excursions?

We went on the catamarran trip which encluded snorkerling for an hour which was excellent you went in a cave also and then on to ricks cafe for an hour so you could watch the divers and also had live music then on way back see the sunset had drinks on boat punch soft drinks etc well worth the 50 dollars we paid it was so much fun

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,599 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Negril excursions?

Many visitors to Negril chose that region because they want a quite, laid back holiday.

The sand gravity on Negril's beaches is very powerful which is to say that a one week visit would include one or two off resort excursions.

The list above is the more popular excursions but trying to plan something to do for each day might be too much effort.

My favorite excursion is from my beach lounger to the bar and back to survey the Negril Bay.

Folks who do not know me all that well often ask what I did in Jamaica, and I respond: "Other than scuba diving, absolutely nothing." It was not until my tenth Negril visit that I went anywhere off resort.

United States
Level Contributor
11,937 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Negril excursions?

See the following

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147313-c151729/Negri…

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,508 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Negril excursions?

"My favorite excursion is from my beach lounger to the bar and back to survey the Negril Bay."

Amen to that, totally agree and what a great excursion that is......

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,648 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Negril excursions?

Agreed. You didn't say how long you were staying, and that's a big factor for excursions. If I were there for less than a week, no excursions. More than a week, I'd do one but combine things to make it a full day out.

Sand gravity is serious business. We embrace it.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
2,874 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Negril excursions?

Swimming with the Croc's was amazing (Black River) !!! Black river and Y's falls was great. Good combo for a day. It's only a half day really unless you hang around the falls area. Throw in a Zipline while at Y's and you're set for a complete day of entertainment. They are about an hour and a half from Negril and any taxi will take you there.

That's my vote ! Even if I was only there for 1 week. You'll never forget it !!

Have fun.......

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
882 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Negril excursions?

Blue Hole mineral springs is a blast and only 25 minutes away---get a driver to take you or you wont find it! (tonyvassell@yahoo.com----tell him Dusty sent you) Huge pool and bar next to the springs.....a cool hillside location makes for relief from the heat!

Boston...
Level Contributor
21 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Negril excursions?

YS Falls really is pretty spectacular, makes a great day trip, and the countryside is really pretty. I could easily spend hours swimming in all the pools at the falls' different levels, surrounded by lush jungle. If you go, try to hire a private driver if you can, as the larger groups seem to be kept on a tight schedule. Nearby, you can get spicy roasted crawfish from ladies cooking 'em up at roadside stands. These are a local delicacy and should not be missed. Wherever you end up going, ENJOY. Wish I were there now.

Oxford, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Negril excursions?

If you get a chance check out Dolphin Cove and ride a dolphin or two!! Its well worth the time and very informative!