We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach hotel suitable for 1 year old.

new jersey
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Beach hotel suitable for 1 year old.

We will be visiting Negril the last week of August to visit family in Grange Hill and relax and play on the beach. Any suggestions of nonAI on the beach that is suitable for a one year old? A kitchenette would be helpful so I could keep milk cold and some snacks on hand. I loved my stay at Idle Awhile, but website says closed for all of September. We would be staying thru Sept 2nd, so that is out. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

san antonio
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach hotel suitable for 1 year old.

Nirvana or Crystal Waters would be good, they both have kitchens. The staff at Nirvana is used to little kids.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,391 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach hotel suitable for 1 year old.

Rondel Village has superior rooms with small fridges, as well as villas with full kitchens.

Kuyaba has rooms where you can have a fridge brought in (if one doesn't already exist in a particular room)

Sea Wind also has rooms with fridges, toasters and coffee makers, or you can get a kitchenette there also.

I have stayed at each of these properties and would stay again. The staff is great and there is also beach security.

One thing about Negril to remember with the little one - there are horseback riders that run their horses at full speed along the beach in the morning about 8am-ish and late afternoon, so I would keep that in mind when at the water's edge with your toddler.

Edited: 13 July 2012, 16:47
roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
8,371 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach hotel suitable for 1 year old.

I"ve stayed at the Bar-B-Barn with my bushbaby and Coral Sea Gardens. IT's right accross the street and has a pool (can use if stay at Bar-b-barn). The beach is small and quiet at the Bar-b-barn and often see other families next door at Bourbon Beach.

Bring a baby float and you'll be all set!

PEACE!

Fort Mitchell...
Level Contributor
707 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach hotel suitable for 1 year old.

We took our at the time twin 2 year olds to Beach House Villas. Nice location w 1 bdrm and kitchen rooms.

Enjoy your time

Peace

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,913 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach hotel suitable for 1 year old.

I have taken my kids to Nirvana and Rondel and both have been great. At Nirvana a cook is included which is awfully nice with kids, but with a one year old maybe not a big deal.

6. Re: Beach hotel suitable for 1 year old.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2013, 07:16