We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Little Help on location and activities

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Little Help on location and activities

Alright I am planning a trip with my friends for a little vacation in September to most likely Negril! There are four of us total two guys and two girls all in our late 20's early 30's. We love adventure and relaxation combo. My question is where would you recommend staying? We don't need an all inclusive because we like to get out and experience the culture. I was pondering coco la palms? It would be nice to have a better looking pool but as long as the beach is amazing as everyone says it is then I don't plan on being by the pool anyways. Any other recommendations with a central location? Are we crazy for going in September? Is there any nightlife?

As mentioned above we like activities to and usually rent a car but I have read that you should taxi it pretty much everywhere. Is there enough stuff for a few days of activities? I got the snorkeling idea with Captain moses, potential zip lining, but want to know about anything else? We have been spelunking in puerto rico, done volcano park in hawaii, and angor wat in cambodia. Just wondering what you guys would recommend? Or should I got to a different part of the island? From what I have read Negril seems to be able to offer the best of both!

Thanks so much for any help! I appreciate it!!

United States
Level Contributor
11,105 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Little Help on location and activities

For things to do see the following

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147313-c151729/Negri…

Renting a car is not recommended. For a few reasons not to rent see the following

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147309-c2512/Jamaica…

To get to/from Negril and the airport see the following

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147313-s301/Negril:J…

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Little Help on location and activities

Thanks I appreciate that!! I am surprised there is no mention of the bioluminescent bays! That is an amazing experience! Thanks for your help!

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,285 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Little Help on location and activities

Glistening Waters is a bioluminescent bay - over an hour drive from Negril.

Calgary
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Little Help on location and activities

CoCo La Palm is a great choice

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Little Help on location and activities

Its my personal thought that way too any people try to compare Jamaica to this island and that island...and perhaps they shouldn't. Every single country is different in some way.

Jamaica is more of a place to chill ---with the zip lining and caving and such as a secondary thing.One does not really travel to Jamaica to do these things first. Its not the Amazon or the Himalayas.

Go thinking of "Chill" and THEN do a few things to get you off the beach....( if they can )

First find a resort that you'll be happy at and then add a couple of days worth of excursions. Your also going to find that travel in Jamaica can be expensive---but also its not like Bermuda where you can rent a scooter for a month and scoot around everywhere.

Understand the country--be smart and travel safe ! Work on your tan , kick back and enjoy a few Red Stripes and sway to some Reggae...set your heart free with some Rocksteady.

Jamaica is the best of them all---but you need to understand where your going and what the island is about.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
882 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Little Help on location and activities

Consider staying on the Cliffs at Seagrape Villas, Catcha Falling Star, or Villas Sur Mer---lots of good eats all up and down the road and you can catch a taxi to the beach for a day----

Tony Vassell is my friend and driver and he can take you to Mayfield Falls or The Blue Hole Mineral Springs for a 1/2 day trip (tonyvassell@yahoo.com)

7. Re: Little Help on location and activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2013, 05:17