We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Extabi or Samsara?

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Medicine Hat, Canada
10 posts
Save Topic
Extabi or Samsara?

Has anyone stayed at or visited both of these hotels? Any preferences or suggestions for which one to stay at? We are thinking that A/C is a must and we would like a fridge in our room. We will be booking for January 2013. We are interested in snorkeling, sunbathing and wandering around Negril for eating and shopping. Will also book a couple day excursions. Oh by the way I know Seaside is best at both of these but we will likely budget for the "HOTEL" type rooms. So any information on these is appreciated.

Edited: 17 July 2012, 00:15
Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,823 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Extabi or Samsara?

Personally I think Xtabi has a nicer, lusher property, better water access, the cool caves and a nicer restaurant/bar. I have not seen the AC rooms, only the cottages, so can't speak to that.

Location is virtually the same, less than 5 minute walk in between. Xtabi does have the advantage of being next door to 3 Dives, my favorite place to eat in Negril.

Calgary
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Extabi or Samsara?

agree Xtabi, basic rooms with A/C available on the garden side

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
882 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Extabi or Samsara?

also agree on Xtabi, but I would go with the cottages---plenty breezes coming thru most of the time, and there are big ceiling fans!

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,944 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Extabi or Samsara?

I have not stayed at either but Xtabi regularly gets better comments than Samsara. I think it is a nicer (more expensive?) hotel.

suze

Bradenton, FL
Level Contributor
676 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Extabi or Samsara?

Xtabi definitely. In January you won't need a/c in a seaside cottage. Plenty of windows with slats to open for the breeze and a ceiling fan.

Medicine Hat, Canada
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Extabi or Samsara?

Thanks everyone. Something about the "look" of Samsara (on the websites) draws me to it. But opinions of others are much more important than pictures on the internet. Will be calling to book at Xtabi. All I need is a clean room to sleep in within walking distance to restaurants. I can't wait to experience the cliffs (and we will visit the beaches) of Negril!

FL
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Extabi or Samsara?

Xtabi......it's a slam dunk.........

Samsara will nickel and dime you to death.......

8. Re: Extabi or Samsara?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2013, 10:16