We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast Cocolapalm (vs. SATP)

toronto
Level Contributor
137 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast Cocolapalm (vs. SATP)

hi there - we are tossing btwn going to Coco La Palm, which is not all-inclusive, but says breakfast is included, or the all-inclusive Sunset at the Palms (SATP). First question: is the breakfast at CLP just "continental", or is it a full hot breakfast? And secondly, and does anyone have any view on CLP vs. SATP?, We don't mind venturing out to eat to try local cuisine if there are places close by, but the all-inclusive sounds so much easier - however, SATP is on Bloody Bay, and CLP is right in the middle of 7-mile beach - so not sure which location is nicer/better? advice appreciated. many thanks!

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,665 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast Cocolapalm (vs. SATP)

Its a continental b-fast, that you can credit (aprox$8-9) toward a hot b-fast. Its a bargain. We really liked CCLP.

Negril
Level Contributor
1,249 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast Cocolapalm (vs. SATP)

Got to admit...the breakfast at SAT-P is astounding....eggs to order or omlettes, bacon, hash browns, all the usual stuff including a large slice of continental and fruit if you so desired!!!

I am biased towards SAT-P 'cos it's the only place in Negril apart from Catcha that we return to!!

Personal preference...but the ambience of SAT-P can't be beaten.....and don't be put off by the location...it's kinda nice being away from the beach...but only 2 mins.......all the usual facilities courtesy of SAT-P on the beach too....Large Bar...snack bar and loungers, showers, Certainly NOT a deal breaker being on Bloody Bay....I prefer it to Long Bay!!! Less hassle!!

Go Enjoy.

RESPECT XXX

Ontario
Level Contributor
125 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast Cocolapalm (vs. SATP)

The C. Breakfast at Coco La Palm was two banana coconut muffins, fresh fruit, pineapple, mango, watermelon, juice and coffee. As cebakes said you can turn in your voucher, worth 4 dollars and apply it towards any full breakfast cost you want rather than have the regular voucher breakfast each day. We were plenty full just using the voucher though for variety we ate a few times elsewhere at breakfast.

Calgary
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast Cocolapalm (vs. SATP)

I thought the CoCo credit for breakfast was more like $8-$9? I am sure that is what our friends got in 2010, have they changed this recently?

Ontario
Level Contributor
125 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast Cocolapalm (vs. SATP)

Ours was four dollars. I don't know if that's because that's all we got through our travel agent on a special deal or not. After all we got the room with breakfast *a king jr. suite* for less than ninety dollars a night. Off season in May of 2012. I would double check what the credit is towards your breakfast in any case.

texas
Level Contributor
198 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast Cocolapalm (vs. SATP)

The breakfast at SATP is great, the bacon is awesome and the made to order eggs are hard to beat along with all the other things as well as the coffee bar.

Negril
Level Contributor
1,249 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakfast Cocolapalm (vs. SATP)

I never thought the eggs were "hard to beat" at SAT-P!!!

RESPECT XXX

toronto
Level Contributor
137 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Breakfast Cocolapalm (vs. SATP)

Ha! NegrilZoggy - you are funny man! Please help me decide - CocoLaPalm or sunset at the palms?

Worcester...
Level Contributor
170 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Breakfast Cocolapalm (vs. SATP)

I have stayed at both places and enjoyed both places. It really depends on if you prefer all inclusive or not. I loved SATP, great property, food is good, but it does feel very isolated, you really need to take a cab to get anywhere else. The beach is a bit of a walk from the resort and you need to cross the street. Not a big deal, but if you enjoy being closer to the beach, it is something to consider(no beach views while eating breakfast). SATP is also much more $$, and because of that when i stay there I am less likely to venture out. (dont wanna spend more $ on food or drinks when i have already paid for them!)

Coco is great because it has an awesome location in the middle of 7 mile beach. You can walk to dozens of places, and I loved sampling different beach bars and restaurants. When you eat that breakfast in the morning (which is delicious and was worth $8 when I was there) you are gazing at the beautiful blue ocean.

You wont go wrong with either place, just decide if you want all inclusive or not!

Camrose, Canada
Level Contributor
2,975 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Breakfast Cocolapalm (vs. SATP)

I suggest you look at the map. SATP looks to be 6-7 km from Coco. Coco is about in the middle of the main beach surrounded by lots of bars, restaurants & shopping . If you are looking to spend the majority of your time at your hotel, SATP would work well for you. You can take a taxi off property a few times.

But, if you want to walk the main beach checking out a variety of sights & tastes, you would be happier at Coco IMO.