We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best AI Adults only resort

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Topic
Best AI Adults only resort

Just returned from Grand Cayman with the kiddos in tow...now were chomping at the bit to plan an adults only trip to Negril. What's the best adults only, all inclusive ( already ruling out Hedonism)? All suggestions appreciated!

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best AI Adults only resort

Well.......you'll get many opinions but for us it's Couples Swept Away. :O)

United States
Level Contributor
11,494 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best AI Adults only resort

How do you define 'best' in a resort? For example, best food, best rooms, best beach, best entertainment, best sports, best activities, best staff, etc.? In addition, are you only looking for the 'best' in quality without considering price (price is no object for you) or are you looking for the 'best' ratio of quality and price (the 'best bang for the buck')?

Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
128 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best AI Adults only resort

I love Sandals, but there are several good AI resorts. It's like buying a house. Make a list of things you want in a resort and check the various resorts until you find what you want. This website has thousands of reviews and photos. Don't get all caught up in bad reviews. Some people will whine at the drop of a hat. No trip is perfect. Something will go wrong. If that would ruin your vacation don't go. I think the Jamaican people are wonderfull but if you go all "Ugly American" on them it will lessen your enjoyment. They tend to work 10-12 hours a day, six days a week. They deserve your respect. After you pick your resort go to the website Packforapurpose.com. That can really make your journey more fulfilling. Hope this helps.

Fatrat

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best AI Adults only resort

To clarify, the best bang for our buck. If money were not a consideration, we would have a house in Jamaica and already be on our way with our closest friends :-)

Alexandria Bay
Level Contributor
551 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best AI Adults only resort

Treat yourselves to a Swim up butler suite at Sandals Negril. You will have the most carefree, relaxing vacation possible. Your butler will take care of you. You can order room service and eat outside on your patio. Very romantic. Start off your vacation will a flight from montage bay to negril via timair, about 12 to 15 min and you are there. Sure beats a 90 min bus ride.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best AI Adults only resort

I was unaware that there was such a flight. That's good to know. Thanks for the info!

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Best AI Adults only resort

"What's the best adults only, all inclusive"

It's not for everyone but the 'best' is neither a Couples or Sandals resort. It is actually the Caves.

http://www.islandoutpost.com/the_caves/

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
4,626 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best AI Adults only resort

The Best is really subjective. The Caves is a very very nice place but it is not The Best for everyone, nor is Couples, Sandals, Breezes, Hedo, etc.

We would not even consider The Caves for more then a couple of nights since we would be bored out of our minds since there is no beach. Others would simply love it regardless.

For US Couples Resorts are the best. They offer the best in everything that matters for US in a Caribbean Beach Vacation. They are luxury without pretense. Wonderful staff, excellent dining, stunning beach, everything included, real Jamaican vibe, no tipping and nothing but total relaxation.

Go to www.couples.com for everything you need to know about Couples. There is a forum with lots of repeat guests who will answer anything you can come up with. There are also Wednesday Specials that are good for 24 hours only that offer great deals on stays.

If you have anything in particular you would like to know about Couples please feel free to PM me.

Virginia
Level Contributor
912 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best AI Adults only resort

What are the 'Butlers' for at Sandals? I think it would just make me uncomfortable to have a butler around. Can someone who has experienced that enlighten me?

As for best adult A-I in Negril... I would suggest that CN, CSA, and SN are the only top of the line choices in Negril for adult couples. From there you need to decide what is important to you... do you want an active tennis program? optional separate nude beach? Butler to wait on you?

My choice is CN in Negril for vacations with my wife without our kids, but it may not be the best one for you.

Alexandria Bay
Level Contributor
551 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best AI Adults only resort

A butler at Sandals will make all of your reservations for you for dinner, water sports, tours etc. They are never in the way and seem to surprise you all week long.