We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples Negril vs Sandals Whitehouse

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calmar, Ia.
10 posts
Save Topic
Couples Negril vs Sandals Whitehouse

We have been to Couple's Negril and are looking at Sandals Whitehouse. Which one would you suggest?

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,415 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples Negril vs Sandals Whitehouse

I always figure if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Couples Negril

Toronto Canada
Level Contributor
506 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples Negril vs Sandals Whitehouse

Depends on what you are looking for in a vacation. Can you give us a little more information>

KK

Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
128 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples Negril vs Sandals Whitehouse

It's subjective. People have different tastes and wants. Make a list of what you want and compare both websites. Then look at tripadvisor reviews and pictures. You will figure it out.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,594 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Couples Negril vs Sandals Whitehouse

between staying at SWH numerous times and only visiting CN, we prefer SWH...but that's just because it ticks all the boxes for us. For anyone to give you good feedback, we would need to know what ticks the boxes for you. Did you like CN, not like it? What exactly appeals to you in a vacation destination?

Calmar, Ia.
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Couples Negril vs Sandals Whitehouse

I felt Couples Negril could use some upgrading of the rooms. Never been to a Sandals just wanted some feedback from someone who has been there. How long of a drive is it?

Canterbury...
Level Contributor
842 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Couples Negril vs Sandals Whitehouse

If you didn't care for Couples, you'll probably appreciate the Whitehouse (though, it;s looking like the rates are really hiking upward)

We loved the Whitehouse even though we only had 3 nice days out of seven while there. Plusses were that every room had a beach view, and the rooms were very nice....the food as always was fantastic. Gained quite a bit of weight because of the french pastry cafe and their wonderful espresso with vanilla ice cream.

From what I recall, the drive is about 90 minutes, and they make a stop at Borders Jerk on the way (some of the best Jerk we've had)

There are some pics of the basic rooms here:

flickr.com/photos/…72157624986557947

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
4,625 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Couples Negril vs Sandals Whitehouse

What room category did you have at CN?

8. Re: Couples Negril vs Sandals Whitehouse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2016, 14:30
Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,594 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Couples Negril vs Sandals Whitehouse

The drive from MBJ to SWH is 90 minutes. There is also a helicopter option which takes approx 15-20 mins and lands right beside the resort.

You will find the room and resort decor at SWH and CN to be very different from each other. At CN, I found the room decor to be much more tropical, with lighter woods and wicker and a less "elegant" feel than at SWH which has darker mahogany furnishings and granite. This is not a criticism of either...just a very different decorating style one to the other. All rooms at SWH are ocean front, not so at CN.

Sandals and particularly SWH are our resort of choice due to the great staff, food, service and amenities. We are looking to try CN some day, but are still sitting on the fence, even after touring the resort. It just didn't seem to give us the same feeling we get at Sandals. Again...to be clear...this is all about what personally ticks the boxes.

If it helps you to see our photos of SWH including the rooms, beach, pools and restaurants, just send me a PM and I'm happy to provide you the link.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,594 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Couples Negril vs Sandals Whitehouse

lol...I was partway through writing my post and then left it to come back and finish...didn't realize there were other posts including Donna's who gave you some great photos!

PS: Donna, our January trip just decreased in price by $374 for which I've asked for an adjustment...but our November price has gone up since we booked it.

Edited: 23 July 2012, 23:58