We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from CN, and we are in love!

Texas
Level Contributor
590 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from CN, and we are in love!

First timers just returned from CN last night. If you're a regular on this forum you may remember us... the couple who booked Secrets Maroma, MX but just couldn't quite our curiosity about the Jamaican vibe, so we switched reservations. I participated in many threads about the decision and about preparing to make our first visit everything we hoped for....and it SO was!

Just a quick post to say how much we loved CN and Negril and the entire experience! I'll post a formal review, but suffice it to say, it met all our expectations and then some.

Once you go, you know...we went, and can't wait to get back :)

Cheers!

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Texas
Level Contributor
590 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from CN, and we are in love!

oops, "quiet"...not quite.

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
4,632 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from CN, and we are in love!

So happy you fell in love with Jamaica and Couples!

We cannot wait to hear all about it!!

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
3,310 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from CN, and we are in love!

Great to hear - our first trip to Jamaica was 2010 - been every year since. We were going to travel around and try different places but it just calls you back. So, we travel other places (Alaska Cruise in a week - woo hoo), but go to Jamaica once a year. In Feb 2013, it will be our 4th visit. Cheers. Too_Cold

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
890 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from CN, and we are in love!

Next year try the cliffs---a completely different experience and you get to meet real Jamaicans! Great food all up and down the road, privacy and great swimming...

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from CN, and we are in love!

Confetti- That is great to hear as we are headed there in March 2013. Will look forward to reading your review!

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
4,632 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back from CN, and we are in love!

@ #4 .......I bet those dark & lighter skinned people who speak Patios, that work at the resorts, walk & work along the beach, run businesses and live in Negril will find it amusing & rather interesting that they are FAKE Jamaicans......I will be sure to let them all know in 17 days that they have to live & work in the CLIFFS in order to be REAL Jamicans!!

SO very amusing........hehehehehehehe ;-)

Thanks for the chuckle this morning

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Illinois
Level Contributor
5,235 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back from CN, and we are in love!

Frodo- too funny ! I was thinking the exact same thing : )

MN
Level Contributor
912 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back from CN, and we are in love!

Gosh, and to think all these years I thought I was talking to REAL Jamaicans... They really should fine all those FAKE Jamaicans for fooling all of the silly tourists!

DWL!!!!

Texas
Level Contributor
590 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back from CN, and we are in love!

I will also add that two of the things I worried about most - pushy vendors and sand fleas - were non-issues! We were out on the beach at all hours, walking barefoot and not one sand flea bite. I did get a few mosquito bites even after using OFF on my legs, but I know it would have been much worse without the spray. So on the bug front, I was pleasantly surprised.

As for the vendors...granted, Bloody Bay is supposed to be the least busy section of 7 Mile, but we did not encounter any rude, pushy or even annoying beach vendors. Heard the "hot hot hot" guy! Our favorite was the elderly guitar man and his original song "Big Bamboo"...we enjoyed his singing so much one day after he stopped for some couples nearby, my husband flagged him down the next day and paid him $10 to sing a few for us. Super nice old guy with a lovely Caribbean voice :)

Mentioned in this post
Bloody Bay
Bloody Bay
888 Reviews
Jamaica
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
MN
Level Contributor
912 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Just back from CN, and we are in love!

very fun song!!! but not original... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8fBrs4-hBc