We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Marley" the movie

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
illinois
Level Contributor
539 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
"Marley" the movie

This might be old news but VH1 cable just showed this movie. It goes thru his whole short life with some great music. The political struggles were incredible -who knew he was shot? It is a good tribute to the people.

1. Re: "Marley" the movie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 23 April 2015, 14:17
Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
882 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Marley" the movie

Bunny Wailer is the star---hilarious at times and gives alot of info I did not know-----

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: "Marley" the movie

I watched it on Blu-ray over the weekend on my 52" screen. Excellent documentary that provides information that is new to me and closes a few gaps in the biography.

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,202 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Marley" the movie

I watched it on On Demand when it first was released. Loved it.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,635 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "Marley" the movie

I watched it as well when it first came out. But now it is available to buy so I think I'll be going out and getting my copy.

South Jersey
Level Contributor
178 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: "Marley" the movie

Thank you....saw it on "On Demand"....its now out on DVD and Blu Ray so you can buy it. My friend, Ibis Pitts was actually in the documentary...so cool. He was a very good friend of Bob's and spent a lot of time with him when he lived and visited Wilmington, Delaware. He only has a 2 to 3 minute interview in the movie...but it was so neat to see someone you actually know and who also knew Bob. Ibis Pitts and his wife Genny have a tribute to Bob Marley every year in Wilmington, Delaware called the Peoples' Festival. Keep it in mind if you live close by...its always the last Saturday in July. :)

Edited: 08 August 2012, 18:52
Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
7,885 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: "Marley" the movie

Will have to see it. I enjoyed reading Catch a Fire - which gives a lot of detail from his childhood onward to the end. A great read for those who'd like more background.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
882 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: "Marley" the movie

Every cliff dweller should also read Banana Shout by ex-Negriller Mark Conklin about Negril in the late 60;s--70's.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
307 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: "Marley" the movie

Saw it in the theater in May, bought it on iTunes Tuesday...watched it 3 times since Tuesday. Very Good Documentary on the all too short life of an extraordinary man.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
7,885 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: "Marley" the movie

Agree Dustmon, Banana Shout is an excellent light read. Walk Good is another that's entertaining and has a lot of tidbits on Negril.