We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 days non AI

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
116 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
8 days non AI

I searched other posts so please advice :)

I'm going for 8 days .

Planning on eating at Ivan's, 3 Dives, Bentleys for dinner

Not sure on lunch. Breakfast included at hotel

What would be a good food and drink budget??

Thanks-

Mentioned in this post
Ivan's Bar & Restaurant At Catcha Falling Star Hotel
Ivan's Bar & Restaurant...
2,017 Reviews
Jamaica
Camrose, Canada
Level Contributor
2,987 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 days non AI

It depends a lot on your drinks. If you have a fridge in your room, you can buy beer & rum & mix for drinking on the beach. Cheap. There are happy hour prices & 2 for 1 at several places & times every day. If you are a moderate drinker and do the above, cost is minimal. But if you're a big drinker, or don't pay attention to prices/specials, it makes a difference. Ie: drinks @ Ivan's & my hotel were about $7. I kept it to one drink when at Ivan's. All the other drinks I had out were under $4.

$40 should cover your food, if you have some cheaper lunches some days ($1 patties).

I would budget $75/day for myself to be on the safe side, but I'm sure I wouldn't spend that much on average. I spent about that for both my 16 yr old son and myself in Feb. I'm sure I'd be able to cover my shopping & taxis with the excess on that budget.

Mentioned in this post
2,017 Reviews
Jamaica
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
116 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 8 days non AI

Thanks~

Maybe should of said me and my husband so two adults

I do have refridge in room so will plan to buy some stuff. I'm not a heavy drinker like to keep my wits about me ;) when I'm out- I was planning $ 150 a day for both

Plus money for excursions

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 8 days non AI

Plan on $120 total per day on average which is easily doable including taxi fares.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
9,140 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 8 days non AI

A few of our favs for good food with budget-to-moderate prices:

Sips and Bites - best cost performance place on the cliffs IMO. Large lunch or dinner portions for $5-10US. Great for take-out.

LTU - Great for lunch (entres $7-15pp) or dinner ($12-25pp).

Ras Roddy's - Excellent soup to go for $100J. Delicious and a bargain for a hearty snack or part of a light meal.

Kirkwall, United...
Level Contributor
264 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 8 days non AI

I think you are bang on with $150 for the two of you + trips. You'll enjoy yourself with that budget.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
890 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 8 days non AI

Definitely check out Ras Rody for lunch---great veggie Ital Jamaican food like pumpkin stew, rice and peas, callalloo, and other delicious goodies---he was featured on Samantha Brown's travel channel show a year ago.....

across the road from Tensing Pen....Tensing Pen is another fairly new option for dinner and great views...

Mentioned in this post
Tensing Pen Resort
Tensing Pen Resort
943 Reviews
Jamaica
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
116 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 8 days non AI

Thanks all- cannot wait :)

Minnesota
Level Contributor
263 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 8 days non AI

I budget $75/day for myself for food and drink. But I am a grilled goat cheese kind of girl, with the exception of a fancy dinner at Ivan's, etc. I usually spend under my budget, so it works out when I splurge at a nicer place. We had friends with us that are sea food every meal type of people and made that work for them as well. Enjoy!!

Mentioned in this post
2,017 Reviews
Jamaica
9. Re: 8 days non AI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2013, 05:15