We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in and around Negril???

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
Level Contributor
83 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do in and around Negril???

We'll be returning to CSA this Nov. for our 6th visit in 4 years. We love the resort and in the past have been content to make no plans other than to relax and play things by ear. Our last trip there, we invited 2 friends who'd never been before and they too loved the resort; they’ll be returning with us in Nov.

Our friends are different kinds of travelers than we are and they have mentioned planning an excursion for this upcoming trip. As I mentioned, we’ve never planned much (other than taking the catamaran cruise, and perhaps picking up jerk at 3 Dives or Bourbon Beach, or hanging out at Alfred’s at night) as we are very happy just chilling on the beach all day. However, to appease my friends, I’ve decided to research some fun things to do off the resort. I’ve looked into a private boat ride (Sea Shell Charters) to Booby Cay with snorkeling, food, and drinks but it’s a bit expensive. I don’t want to spend hours riding someplace like Dunn’s River Falls and YS Falls may be difficult for my friend’s husband who has had knee replacement surgery. Ideally, we’d like to do some type of cruise with the 4 of us (other than to Margaretville) with food and drinks; however, a land tour/activity would be fine too.

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Ocala, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios, Negril, Montego Bay
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do in and around Negril???

Check out the One Love Bus Bar Crawl --- Lenbert picks up guests at different resorts in the afternoon and then takes them to 7-8 bars up on the West End. It let's you see places you normally wouldn't and is a lot of fun. The ride is free --- just need to tip him at the end. We left at 2:20 and were back at 8:00. he goes out on Wednesdays and Fridays.

United States
Level Contributor
11,081 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do in and around Negril???

See the following for lots of things to do

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147313-c151729/Negri…

Maryland
Level Contributor
83 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do in and around Negril???

Thanks mfick0713 and thevinnie.

I'm aware of the One Love Bus Bar Crawl and the majority of other things listed on the Tripadvisor link.

I guess I'm looking for something a little more unique, e.g., less commercial if that makes sense.

Any suggestions?

Conception Bay...
Level Contributor
292 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do in and around Negril???

Sea Star Inns Saturday bufett with regae music, drummers and dancers.It's $18 us and they will pick you up and return you to your hotel, for free you just tip.

Iowa
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do in and around Negril???

Couples has their own private boat trips. You book directly from the watersports hut. We did it in june and it was the highlight of our trip. Reasonable price too.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
7,948 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to do in and around Negril???

Sounds like taking a glass bottom boat tour up the coast to the cliffs might be a fun thing for you. More private than the catamaran booze cruises, and you can stop wherever you'd like for photos, snorkeling, bar hopping, snacks, etc... We've done short sightseeing tours with Famous Vincent in the past. Would guess that he (and many others) would be glad to tour you 4 around for a couple of hours for $20-30pp.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
882 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Things to do in and around Negril???

See recent threads about Blue Hole Mineral springs---about a 25 minute ride from Negril near Broughton (Brighton?)...A cool place in the hills where you can swim in the small springs or the huge pool while drinking a cold one---

I have been going to Negril for over 30 years and had never heard of it til a year or 2 ago---

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,272 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Things to do in and around Negril???

…wordpress.com/2012/…

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
882 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Things to do in and around Negril???

that was cool rasta girl--brought back some memories....

St Petersburg, FL
Level Contributor
512 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Things to do in and around Negril???

a lot of great people giving a lot of great tours in and around Negril.......mi find Julia Jackson about da best........fluent in English, German and Patois......does all the tours and can customize tours to suit one's taste

Cool Runnings, Marko

HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~Bourbon Beach 12