We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental house open to the elements

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
87 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Rental house open to the elements

We found an awesome rental house right on the water. It looks fantastic but there are no windows so it's open to the environment. We are considering renting in late May or June 2013. Two questions: Are we going to be miserably hot or is there enough of a breeze on the beach to keep it comfortable?. How are the mosquitos?

Alexandria Bay
Level Contributor
551 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental house open to the elements

No windows? You are gonna be hot.. No windows, Is there electricity? The bugs will be bad. If you stay on at a nice resort they spray to keep the bugs at bay. What site did you find the property on? I would like to see what you are talking about to better understand. Feel free to send me a private message and I will help you.

Calgary
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental house open to the elements

No windows? Very curious as to what place this is on the beach. I would be more concerned with security than heat.

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,603 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental house open to the elements

Maybe they mean it has slats in the windows?

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
87 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental house open to the elements

it does have slats. Security is fine.

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,189 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental house open to the elements

I believe Country Country only has slates on their windows also. Read the reviews with this property and see if anyone comments about it being an issue.

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,189 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rental house open to the elements

Here is a link to a discussion about not having screens on the windows and what to expect, may help with your research:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147313-i70-k53529…

san francisco
Level Contributor
1,770 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rental house open to the elements

By "water" do you mean beach or cliffs? None of the places I stay at on the cliffs have windows, only slats and ceiling fans. I prefer it that way. No ac noises and just the sea breeze. Lovely.

Edited: 09 October 2012, 09:13
san antonio
Level Contributor
2,886 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rental house open to the elements

If it has slats without screens, I'd want to sleep under mosquito netting personally.

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,550 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rental house open to the elements

My house in Negril has a mix of "real" windows and slats but all have screens. My bedroom windows are slats and with the screens the bugs are controlled to a degree - we also use Vape Mats in all rooms. Being directly ON the sea (my house sits right on the cliff above the sea) also keeps the bug activity down. Now, I am there in the winter when temps are cooler and there's not as much rain as there is in May or June - rain/damp and humid weather stir up the mosquitos.

10. Re: Rental house open to the elements

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 19:17