We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

carry on baggage q?

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
8 posts
Save Topic
carry on baggage q?

My wife and I are getting ready to go CSA on Friday for a week and we are trying to not have to check any luggage. Any advice for the complicated stuff like sunscreen and bug spray. My understanding is that it just has to stay under 3 oz to be carried on. Should we just bring lots of little bottles of screen and spray? Any other baggage advice would be much appreciated, getting excited!

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,260 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: carry on baggage q?

For a weeks stay we used to just carry on and buy what we needed when we arrived, stop at a store and buy snacks, beer etc if staying at non AI, now we still carry on and check one bag thru and fill it with items we can't carry on, it saves us $$. Since you are going to an AI you should be fine with carryons and just buy lotion and bug spray when you get there, when we did AI that's what we did

Edited: 05 November 2012, 03:30
Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: carry on baggage q?

Check with your airline.

You can bring lots of little bottles but your total volume is restricted.

Lansdowne...
Level Contributor
1,857 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: carry on baggage q?

it's not 'just' that it must be under 3 oz., there's a limit to how many of the 3 oz. bottles you can carry on

You can only bring what fits into one quart-size ziplock bag, per person. - and it has to close.

Edited: 05 November 2012, 05:25
NW Indiana
Level Contributor
744 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: carry on baggage q?

Explore this website:

tsa.gov/traveler-information/make-your-trip-…

new york
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: carry on baggage q?

You will need a lot of Sunscreen and Bug spray, Being that most international flights the first checked bag is usually free I would just check the first bag Even if you have to pay for the first checked bag you'll spend that in Sunscreen and bugs pray Anyway because It is very expensive at the resorts. This way also whatever you buy from Jamaica as in Gifts, shirts, hot sauce, stuff, etc as you can pack and your checked bag to go home.. Makes more sense..

new york
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: carry on baggage q?

You will need a lot of Sunscreen and Bug spray, Being that most international flights the first checked bag is usually free I would just check the first bag Even if you have to pay for the first checked bag you'll spend that in Sunscreen and bug spray. Anyway because It is very expensive at the resorts. This way also whatever you buy from Jamaica as in Gifts, shirts, hot sauce, stuff, etc as you can pack and your checked bag to go home.. Makes more sense..

Ocala, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios, Negril, Montego Bay
Level Contributor
2,195 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: carry on baggage q?

I agree with deeannjohn. After you get through immigration you usually don't have to wait too long for your luggage anyway--- and you will still have to wait for your shuttle to CSA.

new york
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: carry on baggage q?

"excuse the typos" darn iphone :)

new york
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: carry on baggage q?

BTW...we paid $25 plus for an 8 oz bottle of Banana Boat sun block @ CN

nova scotia
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: carry on baggage q?

seriously, kudos to those who can get away with just a carryon for a week! We have connecting flights so need to have a checked piece for our return as we buy liquor to bring home... and it is nice to have the room to take away the things I enjoy having with us! Yes, you can buy what you need, but why if I can take them with me!

And not to be mean, but it is the folks with those oh-so-close-to-the-limit-if-not-over carryons, that prevent me from putting my little carryon bag overhead!