We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bentley crab shack question

illinois
Level Contributor
559 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Bentley crab shack question

We read lots of stories and saw interesting pictures. We hope to be there in a week. I was going to get red snapper as I like fish but then saw the crabback dinner. What is that ? and what is cost versus staying with the fish choice. These are issues that one thinks about at 2 in the am. thanks

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,526 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bentley crab shack question

crabback meat is some of the best meat you can eat, crabback crabcakes will melt in your mouth, peel off the back shell to expose that tender meat, delicious....they know how to serve CRAB at Bentley's

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bentley crab shack question

I think most plates are 1500j ... Best to call in the morning or day before to firm up plans so Bentley can customize your meal ... I've spent a good deal of time enjoying his various specialties -- and every thing is GOOD.

thunder bay
Level Contributor
293 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bentley crab shack question

My wife is in a frenzy,where do we find Bently's.Sounds very good.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bentley crab shack question

On PeeWee lane (sounds like something from a nursery ryhme doesn't it?)

This is the link to the TA review page: tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g147313-d2…

You need to call Bentley the day before/morning of to let him know so he can pick up the ingredients. We haven't been yet, but will be this trip! Can't wait :)

Camrose, Canada
Level Contributor
2,975 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bentley crab shack question

Take him some "Old Bay" seasoning as he can't get it in Jamaica. (he can't make his crab cakes without it) In Canada, I've found small tins in the spice section at Superstore and Sobey's.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bentley crab shack question

It's right up the street from No Limit bar just up from Blue Cave Castle and just down from Samsara. Call him 876 393 6768 .... It's the only phone number in Negril except for Seastar Inn that I know the number by heart.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bentley crab shack question

Funny, I'd never heard of Old Bay seasoning until reading of it on a Bentley thread. One day I was in Sobey's, and there it was. Thought of Bentley right away. I'll make sure to pick some up before our trip :)

Superior, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Bentley crab shack question

Let me first preface my comments by saying that the food at Bentleys was wonderful absolutely no complaints about me food. My wife and I made arangments last Fri for a meal at Bentleys , we had picked up a very large sam's club sized old bay spice tin before we left the states and brought that with us for him. Bentley met us on his deck and told us that our crab cake dinner was about ready and to relax with a glass of iced tea, he sat with us off and on and told us some storyies of his life and expeariances while cooking for visiters to negil from the 70's through today, soon enough we were served or meal of crab cakes with sweet rice, veggies and spinach with his magic sauce over everything, again very good. Here is where our expeariance goes south before bringing the bill Bentley starts to tell us he needs a new roof and that times are tough during the slow season and he needs this and that and the other thing too, we listened politely and let him know that we very much enjoyed the meal and that we hoped the big tin of spice would help. After this Bentley brought or check, we are both SHOCKED! $6000.00ja WTF! I asked Bentley if this was right and he said yes we must pay, so we did but will never go back, that was like $75.00 for two glasses of iced tea and two crab cake dinners. Way out of line and far to rich for my blood.

Destin, Florida
Level Contributor
124 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bentley crab shack question

Does Bentley not have a Menu with prices printed? I think even I would have asked the price before ordering. We have never been there and was thinking about trying it out, Maybe not.

Sorry you had that happen

Maybe you should post on the other message boards like Negril.com also

Timm

Don't Tread On Me !!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
583 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bentley crab shack question

Yeeoooowwwwouch, dirtrd....