We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Negril Blue Hole Mineral Spring ?'s

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
426 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Negril Blue Hole Mineral Spring ?'s

Mornin' everyone! I have searched thru the Negril forum for some answers, since that seems to be the first response I get on some questions I ask, however nothing really answere my questions. This January we will be returning back to Negril, and last year I wanted to go to the Blue Hole however after going to Mo'Bay for like 14 years and experiencing the waters on that side of the island I couldn't get away from the beach...but I have thought about going to this place ever since we left this past January. My main question is my Mom, who is 70+ and not real great walking distances let alone any kind of terain, is there a long walk, do they have wheelchairs available to use it handicap accessible.

I know I have read somewhere about Bubba and calling and booking directly through him? Anyone have any additional info on that as well? Thanks in advance for any info!!

Austin, TX
Destination Expert
for Austin
Level Contributor
2,146 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Negril Blue Hole Mineral Spring ?'s

It's a 35 foot drop or so into the blue hole. Not very handicap friendly.

Calgary
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Negril Blue Hole Mineral Spring ?'s

http://blueholejamaica.ning.com/

Here is their website so you can take a look. I do not believe they have wheelchairs. Perhaps you can hire a van and take a wheelchair with you.

It is a bumby road in to Blue Hole (but we still made the trip just fine on scooters), but you do not have to walk in. It is about 30 mins from Negril.

You do not have to book ahead to go to Blue Hole. You can hire any driver you would like for transporatation.

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
426 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Negril Blue Hole Mineral Spring ?'s

Thanks Jodi, she defintiely isn't gonna be jumping but I know there is a mineral pool and sandy area to relax etc I am just concerned about getting her to the spot, like do we have to walk to the area through a woodsy path. Maybe we can rent a wheelchair to bring with us, she can walk some distances just not for a 1/8th mile or more and I think the mineral springs would help her. Thank you again!!!!

4. Re: Negril Blue Hole Mineral Spring ?'s

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 November 2012, 17:55
roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
8,242 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Negril Blue Hole Mineral Spring ?'s

A driver will take you right into the place and there are many hammocks and seats available. She would be able to enter the spring water pool as well. This is not a walking excursion and no wheel chair needed!

Are you sure she doesn;t want to jump into the spring? No walking needed for that either :)

PEACE!

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
426 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Negril Blue Hole Mineral Spring ?'s

Thanks Blues Pirate but that isn't where I am talking about. And that DOES sound scary. And thank you Bushgrl, I am pretty exicted that I don't have to worry about a walk. I just can't wait to get to Negril let alone experience this amazing place.

7. Re: Negril Blue Hole Mineral Spring ?'s

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 November 2012, 17:55
Calgary
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Negril Blue Hole Mineral Spring ?'s

This is not Blue Hole. There was no guided cave tour nor we offered one. Not sure if it is close by?

It consisted of a restaurant/bar, mineral pool and blue hole for jumps. They were also building a small "hotel".

They actually accidentally overcharged us as a few of us did not dive or use the pool but were charged as so...on our scooter ride back to Negril they caught up with us and refunded this cost!

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
426 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Negril Blue Hole Mineral Spring ?'s

Yea all I have read I never heard of a cave tour cuz if that was the case I would have never even thought of taking my mom :o) But thanks for the info anyway Blues Pirate so I know NOT to go on that day trip.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
135 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Negril Blue Hole Mineral Spring ?'s

Your mom will be perfectly fine. I was there a week ago. The gentlemen there were very friendly. They will accomodate your family. The pool looked great. Anyone of reasonably good health will certainly enjoy jumping or climbing down the ladder and swimming in the hole. Your hotel should be able to arrange transportation as this is a popular attraction near Negril. The ride will allow you to see the real Jamaica, that is, how Jamaicans live outside the tourist areas. I would not have any reservations for your family.