We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants Bars near CSA

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,114 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants Bars near CSA

Hi guys,

I was wondering if you guys could give me some good bars/restaurants to stop at while we're taking a walk down the beach. We'll be staying at CSA, thinking maybe Idle Awhile. I love CSA, but I really would like to try a non-AI on a future visit. The hubby loves CSA and the fact that once he's there he doesn't really have to pay for much. So he knows his cost going in and you can eat and drink as much as he'd like without figuring out how much we've spent once we get home. I really do want to experience more of Negril though. Since we love to walk the beach, I thought I may be able to get him to stop in at some local places for drinks or a snack/light meal and maybe he'll want to venture out more too. Anyway I just want to make sure I take him to places that have good food and good prices. So any suggestions you guys have would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Kristy :O)

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,114 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants Bars near CSA

Guys just reread this.........meant, " We'll be staying at CSA. I love CSA, but I really would like to try a non-AI on a future visit, thinking maybe Idle Awhile." Sorry it's been a long day, and I have a cold. :O)

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants Bars near CSA

me too, getting over the flu, lot of non-AI along the way from CSA, check out Coco La Palm, Idle Away, Cherela Inn, its one resort after the other but the best beach area is right at and both sides of Coco La Palm......also plenty of good small bars for drinks and lunch

Edited: 27 November 2012, 21:28
Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,114 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants Bars near CSA

We've walked down that way numerous times, but we've never stopped in anywhere. Can anyone can go to these resorts and have lunch or drinks? Is there a place that's your favorite? I hope you feel better soon. Thankfully, I'm feeling much better today. We leave for Negril on Friday!!! And I definitely do not want to take this junk with me! :O)

Calgary
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants Bars near CSA

Yes, most hotels have restaurants and bars open to everyone and many other restaurants and bars along the way.

Many restaurants (and cheaper too) across the road from the beach. For lunch, we like Best in The West jerk chicken, across road from Coco La Palm and Montana's - across road from Fun Holiday. Sweet Spot and Miss Sonia's across road from beach are good too.

Alfred's - right on the beach but further down past Rooms on the Beach really good fish & chips.

Canoe is a good lunch spot but much further down - you could hop a route taxi.

Cosmos is supposed to be good too, not sure why have not been there yet! Heard Shereta's at Seawind hotel is good too.

We have had lunch at Roots Cafe (at Roots Bamboo) a few times, nothing fancy but decent food and prices and right on the beach.

Country Country is a nice spot on the beach for lunch. Idle A While looks nice too although have never been.

I really like Niah's in Waves Park - casual spot...enter off of beach just past Lazy Days (pink house at front easy to spot)

Think in all the years we have been going to Negril have only had one bad meal, so lots of great options.

Here is a link to a website that has map of the area, so you can see where all these places are located:

http://www.talkofthetownnegril.com/maps.htm

Lots of great places in the cliffs, you would need to hop a taxi...but in my opinion some of the best restaurants are in the cliffs - Sips N Bites, Eddie's, 3 Dives, LTU, Ras Rody's (food stand) to name a few. Xtabi is a nice spot for lunch and you can snorkel, access sea from caves.

Negril will make you feel better :) ENJOY!!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
766 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants Bars near CSA

My favorite is Tony's Bar.....Have an ice cold red stripe and play some Connect Four with Grace.....

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
161 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants Bars near CSA

We are fans of Tony's too. Plus it really is an excellent walk from CSA to Tony's Hut.

Kristy, we will be there at CSA from Friday through next week if that coincides with your trip. If y'all want to tag along for a few trips " off campus " we certainly wouldn't mind.

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,114 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants Bars near CSA

Thank you guys so much for the information. Hopefully I can get him to try at least a couple. It is hard because CSA does have great food and everything is included. Wish me luck! :O)

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,114 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants Bars near CSA

Jeff..........when are you guys arriving? We will be there this Friday through next Tuesday.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
161 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants Bars near CSA

We arrive Friday and stay through Sunday. I'll send you a PM.

10. Re: Restaurants Bars near CSA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 07:16