We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gov.Mule

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Port Coquitlam...
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Gov.Mule

any one going to see Gov. Mule at Breezes?

central new york
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gov.Mule

No but that would be amazing. When are they playing? Dark star orchestra is also playing there in April I think. Unfortunately, because of work, I can only go in January.

Port Coquitlam...
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gov.Mule

they are playing Jan16-20

central new york
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gov.Mule

Damn... I arrive the 20. Staying at Csa tho. Wonder if I could hear it from the waters edge...

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,166 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gov.Mule

Darn...DSO and the Mule? I had no idea these bands ventured to JA. How cool?

Edited: 03 December 2012, 01:18
Waterford, ME
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Gov.Mule

My wife and I will be at Couples Negril Jan 16-24. Had no idea Govt Mule would be in Negril at that time. Wow. This is gonna be insane :)

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,635 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gov.Mule

Gov't Mule takes over Breezes every Jan. The only way to book rooms while they are there is through their web site.

http://www.islandexodus.com/

Kingsport, Tennessee
Level Contributor
342 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gov.Mule

They can not stop you from hiring a boat and anchoring off shore :-)

We have tried every way to get in for last several years and unless your book their all inclusive package you are out of luck

Waterford, ME
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Gov.Mule

Oh well. I can see them around here anytime.

For those staying at Breezes...have fun!!

Kingsport, Tennessee
Level Contributor
342 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gov.Mule

We are at Idle Awhile Jan 12 - 22 ... still trying to find a "Miracle"

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,130 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gov.Mule

The "trend" of live American Rock n' Roll - specifically "jam bands" with a following was started with Little Feet a good 10 or so years ago. They would take over what was then Grand Lido, book packages for their fans and have intimate shows on the beach.

More soon followed - RatDog came next and the following year the Radiators and now Government Mule is doing their third gig down here. DSO, Hansen and once again Little Feet will be gigging at Breezes throughout the Spring.

Its true, you need to "buy in" as far as a hotel stay/package deal to get the "full on" experience which includes two or three live gigs at night as well as various activities and small jams with the bands. Its billed to be an "intimate" experience.

In 2011 Government Mule did an off-site show at Negril Escape - they opened for Toots. Toots brought Warren Haynes out during his set and they played together. It was easily one of the best shows I've ever seen in Negril.

Sadly, they didn't do an off-site gig last year - but who knows about this year...

I've been very fortunate to have been on the band's guest list for both RatDog and Mule since 2009. We didn't stay at Breezes/Grand Lido but went to all the night-time gigs and it was tons of fun. For RatDog we saw maybe one boat anchored off the shore (we brought them drinks from the bar) but now the stage is set up in a way that makes viewing and hearing the show a bit more difficult for a boat. Plus its not all that easy to get off the boat and meander in to use the bathroom or get a drink, so be prepared for that.

I'm not sure if we'll be going to the shows this year again - I'd love to see Anders Osborne, he's great too and he's on the bill with Mule. We'll be in Negril but like everything else here no plans are made - its go with the flow...

If you are a fan its a fun way to spend a five day vacation from this "outsiders" point of view. Everyone I talked to was just having a blast!

Here a little something about my RatDog experience - enjoy:

westcountywestend.com/2011/…