We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone Stayed at Point Village before ??

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
284 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone Stayed at Point Village before ??

Hi all I'm loooking to do a split between the cliffs and the beach

and I was wondering if anyone could tell me a little bit about this place I know it's location is in the beginning of the 7mile stretch

before you get to Cosmo's , the pic's look really nice however just wondering if it's a good choice .

Milwaukee, WI.
Level Contributor
3,148 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone Stayed at Point Village before ??

We haven't stayed there since it stopped being an a/i.

The rental units are all individually owned and maintained, so get recommedations on the unit you intend to rent.

PV is kind of isolated, with no food or drink service, which means you cook or taxi to a restaurant for meals.

Grounds are beautiful and quiet.

United States
Level Contributor
12,378 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone Stayed at Point Village before ??

Point Village is located on Rutland Point. The point divides the two sections of 7 Mile Beach (Bloody Bay to the north and Long Bay to the south). It is about 5 miles north of downtown Negril. There is little within walking distance of the property. Plan to take a taxi to almost any place you might be thinking of. On any given day most of the units are not occupied so it is very quiet. Take a good book and plan to relax a lot. However, it is located next to Hedonism II which is not quiet at all (during any part of the day or any part of the night).

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
284 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone Stayed at Point Village before ??

Ok Thanks , I never knew they were an AI before , and yes I can see from what I have read that it is kinda away from most bars and places to eat .

also since it's located away from everything if I stay here better make sure I fill up the Refride w/ cold beverages and yes as you said plan for relaxation .

Very helpful and since I'm doing a split only 2 day's here :)

Thanks !

Milwaukee, WI.
Level Contributor
3,148 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone Stayed at Point Village before ??

You won't be able to do a review of the property if I remember correctly as it's no longer considered a resort by TA. If you would start a thread on your return with the unit number and condition there are many who would appreciate it.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
479 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone Stayed at Point Village before ??

I spent a week at PV last January and will be going back this January! Its a great spot but isolated. However if you pick up Beverages and grub you can not even worry about leaving the place.2 Days is a fairly short stay. We cabbed it out to Kuyaba, Seastar and Ivans while there for supper, and ordered in once too. If you have any specific questions about PV just ask! Do you know what unit you are renting? When you going?

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone Stayed at Point Village before ??

I doubt anyone will be interested in renting their condo to you for just 2 days.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
284 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone Stayed at Point Village before ??

Oh ok yes I did not see it on TA or Negril One stop ...if I pick this one I will do so Thanks .

St. John's, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone Stayed at Point Village before ??

I will be at Point Village from January 23 until the 28...really looking forward to a relaxing trip :-)

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,219 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone Stayed at Point Village before ??

You can post a review of Point Village, but it has to be under the specific unit you are renting: if it is listed on Trip Advisor. If you go under Jamaica rentals, under Westmoreland Parish, you will find units for Point Village.

Member of this forum, Streamtail, has a unit posted on Trip Advisor:

tripadvisor.com/VacationRentalReview-g147313…

Walleyed, didn't you stay in Streamtail's unit ?

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
479 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone Stayed at Point Village before ??

Yes we did, it was excellent! He also looks after 3 or 4 other units for other people. The units he looks after happen to be some of the best as far as condition an location. We are heading back January 12-20 next month and cannot wait. I PM'd the OP with the info. If anyone else has questions about PV just ask!! :)