We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Caves -- Moonshadow or Stardust?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
53 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
The Caves -- Moonshadow or Stardust?

My husband and I will be taking a mini-vacation (4 nights) at the Caves in late February. I booked the Stardust cottage, but believe Moonshadow is also available and -- although a two-bedroom cottage -- can be booked at a reduced rate if only using one bedroom. Any thoughts on which to stay in from earlier visitors? Both, I believe, offer sitting areas/balconies. Stardust seems much more removed from the other cabins, while Moonshadow looks to be close to other cabins and breakfast area.

Thanks!

san antonio
Level Contributor
2,825 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Caves -- Moonshadow or Stardust?

I've stayed in Moonshadow twice, great location, big room for 2 people. Glad you found the secret that it's the same price as the other 1 BDR suites.

Stardust is cool too, unique location. I haven't seen the inside of Stardust. Either way, Stardust is not far from the main part of the resort, <1 min walk. You do hear some noise from the breakfast area/bar at Moonshadow. Stardust would be more private, except when The Sands is open.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
53 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Caves -- Moonshadow or Stardust?

Thank you so much for the advice! We just switched to Moon Shadow. Looks great. Can't wait!

3. Re: The Caves -- Moonshadow or Stardust?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 06:16