We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cliffs Resort/Hotel Opinons for Us?

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,263 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Cliffs Resort/Hotel Opinons for Us?

We're thinking of trying the cliffs area after several visits to Mo' Bay and 7 Mile beach adult only AI resorts. We've done lots of research and it looks like The Caves is our best/only option...but we'd love to hear from more experienced Negril visitors. Here are the things we require/like:

Adult only all inclusive

Topless/clothing optional OK

Ocean view

Balcony/patio

Pool

Bar

Good security

Friendly staff

No price restrictions

Thanks in advance for your opinions and input.

Calgary
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cliffs Resort/Hotel Opinons for Us?

There are not many AI's in the cliffs. The Caves and Moondance are the only I can think of. Also, not many C/O.

http://www.moondanceresorts.com/cliffs/

Would go with the Caves over Moondance. Moondance is further out in the cliffs where the "cliffs" are less dramatic - more rocky than cliff.

Would you consider non AI? Lots of lovely places to stay non AI close to many restaurants and bars,

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,263 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cliffs Resort/Hotel Opinons for Us?

albertagirl: Thanks for the input. Part of why we put in the AI requirement is so the cliffs resort experts could verify what our research told us...sounds that way. We'd be OK with non AI...we are adventurous in a culinary, cultural and bar setting. But if topless c/o also further limits our options...oh well, maybe the Caves it is...we think we'd be very happy there...we're mostly afraid of not knowing what we don't know.

Colorado, USA
Level Contributor
491 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cliffs Resort/Hotel Opinons for Us?

Tensing Pen feels kind of AI in that you never have to deal with money until you checkout or leave the resort. I think it would be a mistake to not leave, but it could certainly be done. IMO nothing outside the gate is any better than what TP offers but its a lot of fun to check out whats up and down the road.

Calgary
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cliffs Resort/Hotel Opinons for Us?

You are welsome SRC fan. I believe Catcha Falling Star is OK with topless and Mirage is C/O

http://www.miragenegril.com/

We stayed at Mirage prior to their renovation and did not enjoy it, not sure exactly why, had some issues with the room, leaking shower, cold water, low water pressure and room in disrepair was a big part of it but also felt the place had no "vibe", could be much different now.

I don't think you can go wrong with the Caves, it is one of the top rated spots in the Caribbean and looks amazing.

I also believe this place is C/O and would provide a lot if privacy, I think they offer a cook and there are also many restaurants and bars close by.

http://www.seagrapevillas.com/

I am not 100% but believe Tensing Pen and Rockhouse which are probably your other best non AI options other than Catcha are not C/O, not even sure about topless.

I think you will enjoy the cliffs. We often split with 7 mile but always spend more time in the cliffs. I thought I was a beach person and do enjoy it but prefer the cliffs.

Enjoy!

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,263 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cliffs Resort/Hotel Opinons for Us?

Bluellah: The thing that concerns us with Tensing Pen is it is apparently (at least from what we saw on the web wrt to the resort's site) is it's not adults only? There is a picture of very small children in a pool with what looks like dad. Does Tensing Pen allow children? We're not anti kids...just like an adults only environment.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
357 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cliffs Resort/Hotel Opinons for Us?

Tensing Pen does allow children however I have been there 5 times for a total of 7 weeks and only saw chdren there twice. It is such a private resort that you hardly see other guests at all except for breakfast in the lodge.

It is also c/o friendly. I'm not sure if it is advertised as such but I have seen more than one person tanning and swimming both topless and nude. Not walking around though.

AZ
Level Contributor
168 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cliffs Resort/Hotel Opinons for Us?

I second the thought of Catcha Falling Star, we were there in October, my wife went topless out by the pool and around the sunning areas on te cliffs. We stayed in Sagittarius that is very private and I went nude on our patio. The resort is beautiful, the staff is great and very chill. Ivan's is spectacular, I crave their food every time I think about Negril. We can't wait to go back and do a longer stay here and a split at an AI on the beach.

8. Re: Cliffs Resort/Hotel Opinons for Us?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2014, 06:15