We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What hotel is the most popular with young teens?

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
6 posts
Save Topic
What hotel is the most popular with young teens?

We are traveling with March and want to stay at a 4* hotel with a lot of teenagers and activities. Any suggestions?

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What hotel is the most popular with young teens?

RIU Club Negril is the only one I can think of.

windsor ontario
Level Contributor
885 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What hotel is the most popular with young teens?

Beaches is by far the best, but is going to cost you.

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,699 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What hotel is the most popular with young teens?

Traveling in March isn't leaving much time, so make sure you get your flights arranged sooner than later.

Also, you are going to pay an arm and a leg booking Beaches this late, but price it out- everyone has a different budget.

The above mentioned resorts are all inclusive so take that into account. There are plenty of non all inclusive places, and 7 mile beach has jet ski rentals, catamarans, parasailing, a water park, etc that can keep anyone busy and having a good time.

I'm sure others will be able to give more good advice.

Just remember, March is busy and its a little more than a month away, so speed up your planning!

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What hotel is the most popular with young teens?

The best place for teens with lots of activities is Beaches Negril. Like some said, it's expensive, but they have more to offer than other resorts - like a waterpark. My kids don't want to stay anywhere else and we've always left feeling that it was worth every penny,

Agreed, it's late to be planning a trip for March. Beaches is probably booked up for spring break, but you may get lucky and find a room.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: What hotel is the most popular with young teens?

When I think of Beaches and suitability for kids I always think it's better for pre-teens more than teens because of the Sesame Street characters wandering the resort. Just my opinion. That is why my suggestion was for the RIU.

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,014 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What hotel is the most popular with young teens?

My friends took their two teen daughters to Beaches last year and they all loved it. They did not go to the Sesame Street breakfast or parade, but they loved all the water sports, the arcade and the teens only " night club".

They said the girlswantto return ths yea and they are 14 and 17.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,511 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What hotel is the most popular with young teens?

We stayed next to Beaches Negril and walked past many times and I thought even my 14 yr old would love that place it looked awsome! I took my teens to RIU MoBay and they had a blast. My oldest is trying to plan a trip back with her friends as she loved the daily games, and Disco at night. For me as a repeat visitor I wont be going back to RIU MoBay unless it was a KILLER deal. I am all about the Ocean and it didnt deliver for me there. Everything else about the place was great they had a super good pool and great staff and nice rooms food was good too.

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What hotel is the most popular with young teens?

Even though there are Sesame Street characters there, they are not in your face at all. You might see them walking through the pool area or on the beach for photo ops, but unless you search them out you won't see them very often.

We have a few pics of our then-17 year old daughter with some of the characters, she loved the trip down memory lane.

9. Re: What hotel is the most popular with young teens?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2014, 06:16