We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stroes near Beach House Villas

Fenton, Michigan
Level Contributor
30 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
stroes near Beach House Villas

Experience is usually something you get after you need it. Maybe I can borrow some of yours.

My wife and I are celebrating our 43rd anniversary next week, at Beach House Villas. We like to lay in provisions for breakfasts, snacks, booze, etc. Is there a food market near BHV? If not close, what can I expect cab fare to be?

Thanks for your help.

Camrose, Canada
Level Contributor
2,960 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: stroes near Beach House Villas

Have a look at this map:

maherconsulting.com/negril/NegrilMap11-2-11.…

Page 2 is a map of the beach road. You will be less than 1 km to the roundabout. Just on the other side of the roundabout, across the street, you will find Value Master grocery store. You can buy liquor and beer there as well. Or, if you stay on the same side of the road, you will see the Burger King strip mall. There is a convenience store that's called K One. Beer, liquor and snacks/grocery items can be purchased here at good prices. You can pay with USD and get JMD back in change. If you like to walk, you could easily do so, and if you want to ride back with your purchases, you can easily catch a route taxi for $100 JMD pp.

Or, if you're getting a private airport taxi transfer, you can ask your driver to stop at MegaMart in Montego Bay after leaving the airport, or to swing by Value Master before dropping you off at BHV. I always like to pick up supplies before arriving at my hotel so I can stock the fridge first thing and then relax.

Enjoy and happy anniversary!

Fort Mitchell...
Level Contributor
735 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: stroes near Beach House Villas

Congratulations on your anniversery! Driver at BHV will get you to the store and kindly help you carry it to your room. We have stayed in the penthouse and will say that it has the best view on the beach.

Enjoy your stay!

Peace

Fenton, Michigan
Level Contributor
30 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: stroes near Beach House Villas

Thanks for the helpful comments, despite my dyslexia showing. Next week, we will be away from the frigid clime of Michigan and basking in the warm weather and hospitality of Jamaica. Sunglasses and rum, can't wait!

Dubuque
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: stroes near Beach House Villas

Gibby walk out the gate to road turn left walk about 3-4 minutes and there is a little store on the same side and one across the road also.Snacks,eggs,sodas,beer.rum cigs and alot more.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
178 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: stroes near Beach House Villas

I agree the best course of action is if you use a Private Driver have him stop at the MegaMart in Montego Bay as it has just about everything like you have at home, and less expensive than the markets is Negri. Only thing I would exclude is fresh fruits which you can find everywhere in Negril and usually top quality picked that day or the day before.

Otherwise go to the Turn About and there are a couple of markets there. If walking is an issue just use the Route Taxi that cost about a dollar each way. Just do not ride it after dark.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,047 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: stroes near Beach House Villas

The store you walk to by coming out of BHV onto the beach road and turning left is surprisingly well stocked for snacks and basic groceries, rum, beer, etc. But if you want to seriously stock up, have your airport driver stop in MoBay or Negril at a large supermarket.

7. Re: stroes near Beach House Villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2014, 06:19