We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Caves- Negril

Lakeland, Florida...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
The Caves- Negril

We are looking to book The Caves in Negril Jamaica for our 10 year anniversary in September and I have a couple of questions- which room is the best (most romantic)? Can you book the cave dinner before arrival (it is important to me that we do it on our anniversary night) and how much does it cost? How much is the private jacuzzi? How many days do you think we need to see all that the resort has to offer? I am thinking about booking a place closer to Montego Bay as well.

Thanks!!

san francisco
Level Contributor
1,772 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Caves- Negril

Hi Jen T. I am sure if you email the Caves you can book your dinner in advance. I believe it is included in the price, but if not the resort will let you know. As an all inclusive everything should be included in one price like the jacuzzi. As a matter of fact, all your questions could be answered by the Caves people. Give them a little nudge and have a happy anniversary. The Caves is a special property and I am sure you will not be disappointed. I stay at the property next to it, Citronella, and we share the same spectacular cove. You will love it.

san antonio
Level Contributor
2,965 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Caves- Negril

Last I checked, the cave dinner can only be booked once you get there, I don't know if they will make exceptions for a special occasion. There's no extra charge.

I recommend booking Moonshadow, it's a 2 BR right on the water, but the rate for 2 people is the same as for a 1 BR.

I personally get bored there after a few days, but mainly because we prefer being on the beach. If you can, split your stay between the beach and the cliffs.

We've stayed there twice, most recently 2 years ago, feel free to ask any other questions here or PM me.

Austin, TX
Destination Expert
for Austin
Level Contributor
2,215 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Caves- Negril

When we looked at the Caves, our quote for a 2 bedroom was $300 more a night, even though they closed off a room and only 2 people were going to be using it.

Edited: 30 January 2013, 18:37
san antonio
Level Contributor
2,965 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Caves- Negril

It depends on which 2 BR, Sundancer is more, but Moonshadow was the same when we stayed there two years ago.

Quakertown, PA
Level Contributor
67 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Caves- Negril

Hi Jen T, the cave dinner and sunset hot tub are included in your price. You can't book the dinner in advance, but you can book it as soon as you get there. There are two caves, so you shouldn't have a problem. I've been to the Caves 6 times, and I don't get bored there. We love to snorkel, jump off the cliffs and relax. If you like to be busy during vacations with something to do every minute, you'll probably only need a few days at the Caves. If you want some quality time with your husband to relax like you've never before, then stay at the Caves for a while. Anywhere else will probably pale in comparison. It's that good. BTW, when you price Moonshadow and Sundancer online, they come up higher than the standard suites. When you call, the price is adjusted for 2 occupants instead of 4.

6. Re: The Caves- Negril

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2014, 06:18