We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is the chair saving lately at CSA?

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
951 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
How is the chair saving lately at CSA?

We are headed to CSA for our second trip in just 5 weeks! Super excited. I have been reading reviews regularly and I have heard almost nothing about chair saving (palapas or any chairs in the shade) lately. That makes me very happy! Has the resort done anything to curb this? I vowed this time to just go with the flow and not worry about chairs. Just wondering from those of you who have been lately. Unfortunately we will be there during "spring break." I don't know if the occupancy etc will affect the chair saving situation. Thanks all...you guys are the best!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
754 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How is the chair saving lately at CSA?

The resort will never "do anything to curb" the foolishness of a few guests...nor should they.

We've never had a problem getting chairs anywhere even at the holidays when the resort is at full capacity...

..you have been there, so you know there's plenty of shade to go around. As far as a Palapa, they're kind of low to the ground, and I like sun, soI've never wanted one, but if you see one vacant for an hour, feel free to use it, they're for everyone...and most Couples' guests are reasonable people....not looking to make a scene on vacation. Leaving a paperback book or empty bottle of SPF doesn't make it theirs. :)

Spring Breakers don't stay at Couples so that won't be a problem at all.

Edited: 03 February 2013, 02:07
America, The...
Level Contributor
7,505 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How is the chair saving lately at CSA?

Momof3,

We were there just a couple of weeks ago and it really wasn't a big issue. I believe the resort was near or at capacity. The palapas were gone early--by 7am. However, there were still plenty of chairs in the shade (or that you could move to the shade) available as late as 9am. I am an early riser, but the beach was often empty when I would get there. I don't think you can stroll down at 11 and get your choice of spots. People are claiming chairs with towels and other items. However, a lot of them would often leave the beach by about 2pm as well. Such a big beach and so much shade that it was not a big deal at all.

new york
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How is the chair saving lately at CSA?

I got to say, one thing I LOVED about Sandals in St.Lucia, they had a really good system, if you were away from your beach chairs for more than 4 hours unattended- they removed your stuff, even if your Butler saved your chairs, no excuses, therefore there was no "chair game" . Last time we were at CSA we never were able to get a shady Palapa :(

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
951 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How is the chair saving lately at CSA?

We had a palapa last year a few times only because I couldn't sleep well (light sleeper in the Atrium rooms) and would go down to the beach early. I am not planning on worrying about or waking up early this year. By the end of the week I realized I didn't need one, but did need a shady spot by late morning. I am thinking we will be down by 8 am or so. I just hadn't heard many comments about this lately. We were there last time over Easter and it was the first days when the rates . It was 1lowered. It was 100% capacity as I am sure it will be in March.

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,450 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How is the chair saving lately at CSA?

momof3,

Why don't you sleep well in the Atrium rooms?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
951 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How is the chair saving lately at CSA?

There are only screens and no glass in the atrium room. The one that we had was very close to the beach. I think they have resolved this issue, but at the time there were carts with very loud wheels. I just didn't sleep well due to all the outside noise. This year we went with Ocean Verandah. I am hoping it will be a bit more quiet.

Edited: 03 February 2013, 23:06
Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,450 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How is the chair saving lately at CSA?

momof3,

Let me know what you think of the room versus the others you stayed in...after you return!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How is the chair saving lately at CSA?

That would be excellent news if they have done something to make those carts less noisy!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,082 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How is the chair saving lately at CSA?

If you are worried about having to deal with chair saving, aka the norm on cruises, you are better off staying at a boutique hotel. There are many options up and down the beach as well as the West End. Once you pick your spot the security will typically take care of you going forward on the beach. And on the West End, all of the properties have plenty of room to accomodate everyone.

10. Re: How is the chair saving lately at CSA?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2014, 06:17