We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Book together or seperately?

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Book together or seperately?

We are first timers to Jamaica and to AI's......are going to book CSA for July and can't decide if to book Air and Resort all together, or book CSA only right now to get room category preference and then wait a bit for airline tickets just in case the price goes down? How do most of you do this? Together or seperately.....and anyone gone in July before? Do you know when if or when the prices tend to go down? We can't wait to get there and I'm having a blast with all the planning, but want to make sure I get the best deal possible!!!Thanks for any help!

Ocala, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios, Negril, Montego Bay
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Book together or seperately?

We are booked for CSA for July--- 7/9-7/21 and I am waiting to book the airfare Usually I have it booked by now--- but for some reason the return flight on 7/21 is about $150 more than any other day in the month. Last year it just seemed to get more expensive as time went by .

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,206 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Book together or seperately?

I was in Negril July two years ago. Yes it is considered "off season" and rates are cheaper.

That said I've never stayed All-Inclusive or booked a package so can't help with that part.

suze

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Book together or seperately?

Unless I use my miles for a ticket I usually book as a package as it has been cheaper.

Most places advertise a better rate for booking together.

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,569 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Book together or seperately?

I always book the flight whenever I see a good price. Sometimes that is my impetus for booking the whole trip as it was this past one when I found $375 rt from Baltimore to Negril for January. But then I did book it as a package...just had the travel agent pull the flights I wanted and saved an extra $100.

Where are you flying from? Maybe we can give you an idea of what a good price would be from your airport so you can snag it when you see it?

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,466 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Book together or seperately?

Round trip from Philly was $508 quoted by my agent. Does that seem like a good price??

Selinsgrove...
Level Contributor
321 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Book together or seperately?

caylismom - We paid $380pp from BWI for trip last November. That was a good price.

Have you checked out Kayak?

Edited: 09 February 2013, 18:45
Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,392 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Book together or seperately?

It really depends. Who are you booking through, where you are traveling from, etc. We booked our trip to Couples several months ago for Sept. and I just booked our flights, Jet Blue out of Orlando $295 a person round trip, that is the best I have seen in a couple of years.

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Book together or seperately?

Considering I got round trip in the March high season, with my connection through Philly, and it was only $380 pp round trip, I'm not sure if that's a good rate.

But it just depends...

Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Book together or seperately?

We will be traveling from Dallas...... The flights are about 550pp right now and have no idea if this is good or not......

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,466 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Book together or seperately?

ti2m,

What airline was that? And no, I didn't check out kayak but I will!!