We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Negril Resort?

chi
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Which Negril Resort?

I am planning to visit Negril for first time. I have been to other parts of Jamaica and similar all-inclusives (Secrets, Sandals,Now). I plan to go after the spring break rush and while all the kids are in school. Which resort would you recommend and why? Couples Negril, Swept Away, Breezes, RIU Palace or Sandals. Sandals would be my first choice probably, but is most expensive. (I have to get a good value so I may not do that one). Good food is a must, nice beach (to look at mostly-I'm more of a pool person since I'm not a good swimmer). I like more night entertainment also. This will be a major bday and I need some good service too. Thank you in advance.

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,704 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Negril Resort?

One question that will be asked is, who will you be traveling with?

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Negril Resort?

kim

I have stayed at all of the resorts you have listed with the most stays at CSA and SN both located on the Long Bay section of the 7 Mile Beach. CSA is convenient to the action of Long Bay Beach, i.e., beach bars and restaurants, shops, walking beach vendors, beach parties with live music and SN is located on the quieter north end. We love both resorts for different reasons.

It seems you are more of a pool person so I recommend you research CN on the Bloody Bay Section of 7 Mile (CN has a larger pool than CSA with swim up bar) and also research SN. Both resorts IME have many wonderful things to offer, it just depends what is important to you.

Keep in mind the beach in Negril and overall quality of swimming, floating and wading in the.sea is fantastic. Gradual descent into the calm crystal clear turquoise sea with a sandy sea floor. You may spend more time in the sea than you think. As far as overall beach is concerned we prefer CSA for our couples only AI experience in Jamaica.

Feel free to ask any detailed questions, I would be happy to differentiate any of the resort chains you have listed. You have chosen a wonderful destination.

Enjoy your research and enjoy Negril!

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Negril Resort?

I have stayed at three of the 4 as I will not stay at a RIU resort for various reasons.

Breezes would be at the bottom of my list for condition of the resort, quality of food and service. My last stay there was 2 years ago and I will not be returning until the resort has been sold and the new owner devotes the TLC it needs to bring it up to a good standard.

Sandals is a nice resort and would have the best pool IMO. But the minimum category rooms lack a balcony, room service, mini bar.

CSA is my favorite of the AI resorts in Negril for beach, food, staff, nightlife, location, sports complex. All rooms have morning continental room service, a large terrace and a stocked mini bar. Grounds are lovely.

I do agree with the advice above re Couples Negril. While I prefer CSA in all aspects, CN has a much nicer pool. We are not pool people so it is not relevant to us but may be to you.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,437 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Negril Resort?

Because you are getting away from the kids, I would rule out RIU, they are not adult only.

For service, pool, food and beach I would pick CN. The pool is beautiful, the staff is wonderful and the beach is pretty. The nightlife, like most Negril resorts is really dependent on the crowd that is there. CSA does have a disco for night life.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
882 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Negril Resort?

I like to point first timers, especially one who would rather "pool" it rather than "beach" it, to check out the cliff resorts----both Rock House and Tensing Pen have very nice pools overlooking the ocean, both have incredible restaurants, and there are lots of other places to eat up there for diversity....

Akron,Ohio
Level Contributor
562 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Negril Resort?

I might be missing your point about the pool, but the ropped off swim area at Swept Away is like a really large pool. There are no waves that are going to knock you over, and it is actually hard to find an area where the water is over your head. You can get on the provided float from your lounger, or just walk. Unless you don't like salt water, I wouldn't let the pool thing be a game changer.

7. Re: Which Negril Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2014, 06:17