We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from Boston to Jamaica

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
2 posts
Save Topic
Flights from Boston to Jamaica

Hi,

Planning a surprise family trip for 15 to celebrate my parents 50th anniversary. Heading to Jamaica, where they honeymooned. Dates are 6/22-6/29.

We are finding fares of $800+ for decent travel time--6+ hours and one stop. Reasonable rates available only for 11+ hours of travel.

Any advice on creative ways to get decent fares?

Michigan
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights from Boston to Jamaica

Maybe talk to a travel agent about getting a group rate, or set up an alert for one of the websites so they'll send you an email when the rate drops below a certain threshold.

Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights from Boston to Jamaica

i will be flying into Jamaica as well in june, different dates. have you checked with us airways or airtran directly? i find that to be better than, say priceline. also, have you considered a tuesday to tuesday or alternate dates?

also, have you heard of Cheapcaribbean.com? i used them last yr and i had peace of mind doing everything through them and i had not hiccups in my trip!

Good luck!

Rockport...
Level Contributor
174 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights from Boston to Jamaica

You will find that while resorts charge less in the spring and summer, the flights offered are more money. However if you fly Jet Blue on a Tuesday your flights will be under $500. Good luck!

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,873 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights from Boston to Jamaica

One another bonus to Jet Blue is that if you buy your ticket and the price goes down, you can call in and they will adjust your price and credit you the difference into your Jet Blue bank account. You have a year to use that credit.

We love Jet Blue and prefer to fly them if at all possible. Their price may be a little higher sometimes, but we have found for the extra leg room, first bag free, snacks, and wonderful customer service, they are SOOOO worth the price!

You can set up price alerts thru Kayak. You can choose to get them daily or weekly. (I also choose daily.) And Tuesday afternoons are the time to definitely watch prices - this is when prices are the lowest. We have seen prices drop, jumped on that lower price, and by the next morning the prices are back up again.

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
7,903 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights from Boston to Jamaica

I now always use Jetblue...the prices from Boston have been so crazy high that this is the first winter in over 20 that I am not there...now!

I'm trying for April but still really high! My friend just booked June on AirTran for $400 from Boston.

It used to be that you could wait to and it will go down...not the case lately-they go up and down and stay way up for a long time! If you find a Jetblue under %550 book it otherwise wait till mid MArch and see what happens.

PEACE!

Medford...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights from Boston to Jamaica

We've used cheapoair in the past to find a good deal! You can sort by shortest flight time to avoid most of those 6+hr layover options.

Also check out Bing travel, which has a "price predictor" to tell you whether they think the price is going to rise, fall, or stay the same.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
141 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights from Boston to Jamaica

We bought our flights about three months ago on Delta to Montego Bay for $366. I've found the best strategy to be to start looking pretty early for airfare, and grab it when you see a decent fare. We've used frequent flier miles in past years, but couldn't get good flights that way by November.

8. Re: Flights from Boston to Jamaica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2014, 06:15