We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cliffs and/or beach

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Cliffs and/or beach

Hi there. I'm taken by what so many have to say about the beautiful beaches of Negril. I'm planning a trip (on a budget) and curious about splitting my days between the Rockhouse (cliffs) and then a hotel on the beach (bloody bay or 7 mile). Any strong recommendations for the beach hotel half? I'm traveling late April through early May and both CN and CSA are booked so it would be great to avoid those recommendations. Thanks all!

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Oxford, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cliffs and/or beach

Charela Inn

Rondel

Rooms on the Beach

Idle Awhile

Country Country

Kuyaba

Wild Parrot

Nirvana

White Sands

Fun Holiday

Cocoa La Palm

Palms Resort

Mentioned in this post
Cocoa Beach
Cocoa Beach
Brevard County, FL
Camrose, Canada
Level Contributor
2,987 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cliffs and/or beach

"budget" has different meanings for different people. Rockhouse is not considered a budget accommodation by most. What is your nightly budget and what is important to you?

If Idle Awhile has availability, that would be a top contender. Charela or Country Country are good. I stayed at Country Country twice last year and loved it. Charming cottages with fridge, AC and good breakfast included. Intimate and quiet.

Coco La Palm is popular. 80 rooms so larger than the others I mentioned. I'm staying there for the first time at the end of April. There's a very good sale on Negrilonestop.com. Click on the resort, rates, and the "get happy" sale link. Already reduced rates and you get the 4th night free. Negrilonestop is very good to work with. You can call their toll free number and get great service and recommendations. They also book Idle Awhile and Charela.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
9,140 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cliffs and/or beach

Another vote to check out onestopva.com. Great site to comparison shop with pic, prices and details of several dozen resorts.

Monroe NY
Level Contributor
285 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cliffs and/or beach

I agree. I would call onestop.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
9,140 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cliffs and/or beach

And my guess is that the Rockhouse is rather pricey, compared to Mirage, Xtabi, or various other cottage options like Banana Shout (in case those suit your fancy). Rockhouse is a great property, but we've opted for other places with more privacy. Personally, I'd probably choose Xtabi over RH - not quite as upscale, but superb and interesting property, and a similarly nice restaurant/bar on-site.

Enjoy, wherever you go!

6. Re: Cliffs and/or beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2014, 05:17