We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Negril all-inclusive

Boston...
Level Contributor
158 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Negril all-inclusive

I apologize in advance because I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand times, but can anyone recommend a good AI that could be had for around $1200/5 nights, including airfare? I ask because a friend was able to book a package like this, but couldn't remember the name of the resort ( had a little too much fun apparently, lol). I will be traveling with my girlfriend in either the summer or late fall; we are both in our late 20s and just want access to the beautiful beach, good food and drinks, and good music (doubt that will be hard to find anywhere in Jamaica). Any recommendations on resorts or travel sites to use to book with would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance...

Edited: 05 March 2013, 16:54
United States
Level Contributor
12,383 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Negril all-inclusive

"for around $1200/5 nights, including airfare"

I assume that yu mean $1200 per person. If it means $1200 for two people then I have no ideas.

Some resorts to look at are: Grand Pineapple, Sunset at the Palms, and RIU Clubhotel Negril.

Keep in mind that for Sunset at the Palms "access to the beautiful beach" means you need to walk across the road to get to the beach while the other two hotels are located directly on the beach.

"good music (doubt that will be hard to find anywhere in Jamaica)."

Some of these resorts offer only a limited amount of music or other entertainment. You may need to go out to find a lot of good music.

Boston...
Level Contributor
158 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Negril all-inclusive

Thank you for giving me some good starting points. And yes, I meant 1200/person.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
8,969 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Negril all-inclusive

Check out onestopva.com. Great site to compare a couple dozen places, including some budget AIs like Merrils I, II & III.

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,218 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Negril all-inclusive

I am headed to Couples Negril in August and my room cost me $270 a night per couple , for a 7 night stay. That would fit your budget ( however, I booked mine during a good sale). However, may want to also keep an eye on Couple's sales for your time frame, and it could also be in your budget.

Couples will offer you more inclusions then the others listed, like free transportation to and from the airport, free glass bottom boats, snorkeling, wi fi, water skiing, paddle boarding, etc... all free of charge.

Couples Negril has a fabulous beach, wonderful food, lobster night, top shelf drinks, great swim up bar, and fun atmosphere.

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Negril all-inclusive

Couples has email specials every Wednesday which might help, sign up, check negrilonestop and other booking engines like expedia, travelocity, allinclusive.com, booking.com, you never know when a special deal will pop up, sign up to emails also.....cheapcaribbean.com is another one.

Boston...
Level Contributor
158 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Negril all-inclusive

Thank you all so much for the feedback. Really appreciate the thoughtful replies. I will definitely take a look at Couples....

Coon Rapids...
Level Contributor
83 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Negril all-inclusive

Riu Negril

Athol, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
344 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Negril all-inclusive

Hi..I just got back 3 weeks ago from riu palace tropical bay all inclusive.very happy with my stay there you should check it out!

9. Re: Negril all-inclusive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2014, 06:17