We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snorkeling at the Sunset at the Palms

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
rome, ohio
Level Contributor
40 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
snorkeling at the Sunset at the Palms

we always bring our own snorkeling gear. Can you snorkel at the beach or do you have to go out on an excersion.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
882 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: snorkeling at the Sunset at the Palms

My advice would be to come up to Xtabi or some other place on the Cliffs to do your snorkling, unless you want to hire a boat to go out to the reef, which is not what it used to be....If you come up for lunch or a few Red Stripes, you can swim at Xtabi which has some good rocks and such in its bay....Cant imagine that snorkling from the beach would be any good...

United States
Level Contributor
11,259 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: snorkeling at the Sunset at the Palms

"Can you snorkel at the beach"

Yes you can. However, in my opinion there is little to see when you snorkel from the beach at or near most hotels located on Bloody Bay.

"do you have to go out on an excersion"

I rate this as a much better option from most points on Bloody Bay.

3. Re: snorkeling at the Sunset at the Palms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2014, 06:16