We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Samsara Cliffs Resort - Negril

East Peoria
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Samsara Cliffs Resort - Negril

Does the Samara Cliffs Resort in Negril have good snorkeling? Has anyone stayed in the Pillar Huts (June / July). I see they do not have a/c...were they too hot to sleep or enjoy? They look awesome but not sure if they are comfortable.

Thanks for any assist..

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
882 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Samsara Cliffs Resort - Negril

Samsara probably has some good snorkling, just not as good as it used to be---any cliff resort is going to be fun snorkling off the cliffs with the occasional moray eel and lots of small colored fishies.....

Never stayed at Samsara---it's been there for years...I would not like to stay on the cliffs without A/C....

Bradenton, FL
Level Contributor
677 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Samsara Cliffs Resort - Negril

Haven't stayed at Samsara but stayed elsewhere on the cliffs in June without A/C and it was miserable, never again. You may get some breezes but won't be enough to keep you comfortable. Would definitely reconsider that.

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
349 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Samsara Cliffs Resort - Negril

We stayed at the Samsara last April in a pillar house and we didn't find it too hot ... but we have never been to Negril in June/July. - so that could be a different story. We snorkeling around the cliffs and it was Okay, the sea was very rough for a few days so it was difficult to see much of anything. Your best bet is to call Vincent and go snorkeling to the reef . We just found wearing your snorkel gear and fins made it easier to swim around there. We did enjoy our Pillar view of the dolphins jumping around ... that was real treat!

Mayville, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,377 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Samsara Cliffs Resort - Negril

I know June/July can be hot & humid here at home ~ would imagine it's smoking hot in Negril. I'd go with one of the air-conditioned rooms instead of a pillar.

Calgary
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Samsara Cliffs Resort - Negril

agree with the A/C recommendation for that time of year, we have been in early-mid April and were fine but went in July and had many sleepless nights and it was in a well screened/ceiling fan cottage in the cliffs, very close to sea.

6. Re: Samsara Cliffs Resort - Negril

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2014, 05:19