We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Caves private dinner

Kearney, Nebraska
Level Contributor
230 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
The Caves private dinner

Does anyone know the times and cost to reserve the private dinner at The Caves?

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
890 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Caves private dinner

Should probably email the resort-------

Negril, Jamaica
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Caves private dinner

Dear Kearny,

The cost of cave dining is US$300 per couple inclusive of tax and services. It includes a romantic five course candlelit dinner in a private sea-front cave that is also decorated with beautiful bougainvillea petals. The menu can be customized to your liking. There is also a bottle of champage included and bulter-styled table service, one waiter is at your disposal for the entire night so service is never rushed. You soak up every moment of the experience. For more information please email The Caves at thecaves@cwjamaica.com.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: The Caves private dinner

littl1,

Are you a guest at the Caves?

Caves1997,

I have read on this forum that non-guests can book this private dinner. Is this correct? Do guests have priority for availability of the private dinner over non-guests?

Edited: 12 March 2013, 16:28
Negril, Jamaica
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Caves private dinner

Dear Blue_Pirate,

I am a manager at The Caves.

It is correct that non-guest can book the cave for dinner as well as guests and there are many bookings from person that are not staying on property. Yes priortiy for availability is given to the guests that are staying with us.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: The Caves private dinner

Thanks. The next question is that I've also read that some of your resort guests have expressed difficulty with being able to book the dinner because of the number of other guests wanting the same thing who have already made reservations. So understandably being as popular as it is within the resort it is probably quite difficult to squeeze in non-guests. What is the procedure for a non-guest who is interested in booking the dinner and what is suggested advance notice to book it?

Negril, Jamaica
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Caves private dinner

It is never difficult to book a cave dinner unless someone is staying for two nights, and even in that case we have another option for those guests. I can honestly over the past few years it is rare to non-existent that a couple here has not gotten a cave dinner. For non-guests persons that want to book I would suggest an early booking ahead of the time that you want it for. If you wait for the same week or a few days before the date you want to book it then we may not have availabilty based on the number of guests we have at the resort at the time. The more lead time the better.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: The Caves private dinner

Thanks for the info.

Kearney, Nebraska
Level Contributor
230 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Caves private dinner

Blues_Pirate

We are thinking of booking for Dec of this year, was just trying to get everything figured out.

Caves 1997

Is there a charge for the cave dinner if you don't do the private dinner. After reading some reviews on here I realized they are two different things. Also does the regular cave dinner need to be reserved, and can we do that in advance of when we check in.

Thanks

9. Re: The Caves private dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2014, 04:16