We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities off resort

Okanagan Valley...
Level Contributor
317 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Activities off resort

My two friends and I are going to Seashore Bay on Monday for a week.

We would like to go to the cliffs area for an evening to look around and maybe have a drink and some appies. Can you recommend a place with a really nice view and not too much noise and partying? Also, how do we get there? Cab? Cost of cab?

Also, we want to go on a catamaran excursion over to the cliffs that has some snorkelling. We don't want a wild booze cruise, but a bit of boozing is good. Can you recommend a boat?

We are in our mid 50's (women), so don't want too much partying.

Scuba Caribe
Scuba & Snorkeling
Island Routes Caribbean Adventures - Jamaica
Boat Tours, River Rafting & Tubing, Scuba & Snorkeling, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Austin, TX
Destination Expert
for Austin
Level Contributor
2,160 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Activities off resort

Catcha Falling Star, Rockhouse, LTU Pub . Several nice cliff places to see the sunset, have drinks and appies (and dinner). About $10 each way for two. I think Rockhouse will pick you up for free. Agree on any cab price before getting into the cab.

san antonio
Level Contributor
2,784 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Activities off resort

Would add 3 Dives to the recommendation as well. LTU is one of our favorites. You can get anywhere on the cliffs for 200J/pp (about $2.50) if you take a route taxi, but you'll have to switch in town.

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,704 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Activities off resort

To add to the above:

Xtabi.

Good snorkeling, cool caves, great view, laid back, and located right next to 3 Dives.

You take a cab from the beach area.. try to get it under $20 round trip. DEFINITELY don't pay more.

Another GREAT excursion not from from Negril (about 25 minutes) is Blue Hole Mineral Springs. Look it up on the things to do section of TripAdvisor.

Have fun!

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
8,377 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Activities off resort

Xtabi & Rockhouse both offer free transport from your hotel. Tip the driver and they'll generally be glad to drive you back afterward as well (and tip again).

LTU would be my top pick, followed by Ivan's at Catch Falling Star. 3 Dives is a bit overly rustic for my taste, and Xtabi & Rockhouse too Americanized. They're all good tho.

PS - A good no-hassle cab driver is named Biggs, at 876-410-0536. $10 per couple each way is the typical tourist fare between the beach and cliffs. Do be sure to agree on the price BEFORE getting into any cab with a driver you don't already know well.

Edited: 13 March 2013, 19:56
5. Re: Activities off resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2014, 04:17