We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples or breezes ?

quebec,canada
Level Contributor
507 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Couples or breezes ?

I have been to breezes and beaches .. How does couples compare to breezes I know couples is on the preferable 7 mile beach.tks Wynne

St. Charles, MO
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples or breezes ?

There are 4 Couples resorts in Jamaica, 2 in Negril. Couples Swept Away is on Long Bay beach. Couples Negril is on Bloody Bay beach, right next to Breezes Grand Negril. Both Couples locations are considered to be part of 7 mile beach. Which Couples are you interested in?

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Couples Swept Away
Couples Swept Away
5,633 Reviews
Jamaica
Couples Negril
Couples Negril
4,496 Reviews
Jamaica
Bloody Bay
Bloody Bay
881 Reviews
Jamaica
new york
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples or breezes ?

CSA hands down for Negril. Been to BGN several times, CSA 2xs & CN 1 x....

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples or breezes ?

wynne

In Negril you have Couples Negril on Bloody Bay next to Breezes Grand Negril and Couples Swept Away on Long Bay which is the longer stretch of 7 Mile Beach which gives you access walking south on the beach to the colorful action provided by strolling vendors, beach bars, beach parties with live music, restaurants and shops.

After several wonderful stays at Grand Lido Negril and one last stay consequently at Breezes Grand Negril about a year or so after the name change, I can tell you from personal experience Couples Resorts are far superior in every way (some may beg to differ as the C/O beach at BGN is more private and preferred by some to the A/N beach at CN).

Couples Swept Away has been a long time favorite of ours with several stays every year for many years since it's inception. Couples Negril is also a favorite of ours but not as many stays as CSA as we love the action and accessibility to establishments on Long Bay. We also love the beachy casual elegance of the rooms with large verandahs to enjoy our morning coffee and continental breakfast, relax on during a rain storm in the afternoon or in the evening with the calming sound of tree frogs in the background. We also appreciate the set up of the property with meandering pathways set in the lush tropical gardens.

Both CSA and CN come highly recommended by devoted long time returning guests and provide romance and fun for Couples in love as opposed to BGN which is adults only. I recommend you research both properties (CSA & CN) in depth to see which one calls to both of you to find the perfect fit. IME you can't go wrong with any Couples Resort, a wonderful memorable experience provided by a dedicated, friendly staff who appreciate that you have chosen Jamaica as your destination to spend your precious holiday.

Enjoy your research and your time in Negril!

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Couples Negril
Couples Negril
4,496 Reviews
Jamaica
Bloody Bay
Bloody Bay
881 Reviews
Jamaica
Couples Swept Away
Couples Swept Away
5,633 Reviews
Jamaica
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
quebec,canada
Level Contributor
507 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Couples or breezes ?

In doing some research I c that yes there is two..I wanted to be on7 mile.. I recall seeing the naked ppl beside breezes ..ahhhh now I def.. Don't want couples negril..CSS I think is the way to go..

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Couples or breezes ?

wynne

CSS is in Ocho Rios and also has an A/N beach but more private than the A/N beach at CN.

CSA in Negril on Long Bay has no dedicated A/N or C/O beach. You may, as in just about any tropical destination, see the occasional topless sunbather on the beach as this is customary behavior in many cultures worldwide.

Edited: 13 March 2013, 23:15
Mentioned in this post
Ocho Rios
Ocho Rios
Jamaica
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
quebec,canada
Level Contributor
507 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Couples or breezes ?

I have no problems with the naked human form.. Was just the smallish section of the beach that couples negril had compared to breezes and perhaps the crowd I did see naked :) I am looking on a quote for couples on 7 mile I prefer that section of beach for access to the reggae spots and all the groovin..my next choice is club med Turks if ja isn't a go ;)

Mentioned in this post
~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Couples or breezes ?

There are tons of threads on this. I chose Couples Swept Away and really enjoyed it.

Mentioned in this post
Couples Swept Away
Couples Swept Away
5,633 Reviews
Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Couples or breezes ?

Wynne

We travel to T&C quite a bit, 2nd most traveled destination to JA. Love, love Grace Bay Beach most recent visit June 2011 to Beaches TCI doing a split stay with Ocean Club East right next door to Club Med. While we have not stayed at Club Med TCI in several years I can tell you it has deteriorated in quality over the years. While at OCE we met the DJ from Club Med (he was on work assignment from Australia) who was having lunch at the beach bar at our resort and invited us on property after a long conversation. We were not impressed (glorified dorm rooms) and neither was he per our conversation (he lives on property).

We are heading back to Grace Bay Beach end of this month doing another split stay at BTC and OCE, can't wait. I recommend you look at a different property on Grace Bay Beach like Seven Stars (our fav as a couple), Grace Bay Club, Royal West Indies, Ocean Club East or West. Non of which are AO (none on Grace Bay but a few resorts with adult only sections) or AI. IME traveling as adults and no kids in tow we prefer non inclusive in Provo as the dining options are simply amazing and top notch. Traveling by car on island is relatively safe and easy to North and Middle Caicos, Taylor Bay, Sapodilla Bay with the most beautiful ocean views and many local establishments to visit along the way but not dotted along Grace Bay Beach in concentration as on Long Bay Beach in Negril.

If you choose Negril, my favorite destination, you will not be disappointed with a choice of CSA our favorite (in our top 2) couples only AI resort in JA, fantastic stretch of beach, superb. Club Med TCI is not in the same league or even close to CSA. Grace Bay Beach is pure aqualicious bliss but not the same vibe and groove of Negril.

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
quebec,canada
Level Contributor
507 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Couples or breezes ?

Thank u for the info I tried to get CSS in negril sold out I have been 5 times to negril, never to Turks,too bad club med is such a dive,what would u say a 10 day stay in one of the non ai resorts u mentioned go for meals etc..3000 cover it? Per person? Just seeing if a non ai is doable..thanks

Mentioned in this post
Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Couples or breezes ?

Wynne

By CSS in Negril do you mean Couples Swept Away (CSA)? CSS is known as Couples San Souci in Ocho Rios. What dates are you traveling for 10 nights? Just want to be sure you are checking availability for Couples Swept Away (CSA) in Negril, although it is not uncommon to be sold out as it is a very popular resort in Negril.

Grace Bay Beach Resorts are not cheap and restaurants can be expensive as well in Provo much more so than in Negril. Your dates are important for determining price point, you will need to check prices with Val at Turks & Caicos Reservations which IME is a great way to book and he throws in extras like a free car rental for a day or dining certificate. Cabs are expensive in Provo so I recommend you rent a car from Grace Bay Rentals, they will deliver and pick up your rental car at your resort.

Most accommodations on Grace Bay Beach come with mini or full kitchens convenient for days spent enjoying the beach (when not out exploring the island) for breakfast and/or lunch and then dinner out at one of the fabulous dining options on the beach, in town or at the marina.

Overall the best bang for your buck would be at Couples Swept Away being AI and with the snorkel trips, diving and catamaran cruise included. Not to discount the experience of Grace Bay Beach & T&C as it is amazing and worth it for so many reasons, just more expensive once on island.

Depending what price you can get at Club Med compared to say Royal West Indies or Ocean Club East or West, as long as you research the property and reviews and go with the right mind set it may be a good value being AI and you would be on Grace Bay Beach which will be amazing and so worth it if you truly are a beach person (dorm room and all, lol).

Edited: 14 March 2013, 05:16
Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Couples Swept Away
Couples Swept Away
5,633 Reviews
Jamaica
Ocho Rios
Ocho Rios
Jamaica