We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach location for the day

Clayton, North...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Beach location for the day

Thanks everyone for the food recommendations. We are now looking for places to visit the beach while staying at Catcha. We would love to find something a little more layed back with a nice little bar area feet in the sand shady areas where we could spend several hours, walk and enjoy. Is Idleawhile open to the public and or what other places could we look at. We want to walk the beach just not where it is a zoo. Thanks

Selinsgrove...
Level Contributor
323 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach location for the day

I think you just described Wild Parrot.

HULL
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach location for the day

How about Yellow bird,Them lucious dirty bananas by their bar yummy!!!!

Chicago suburb
Level Contributor
9 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach location for the day

I know Margaritaville is a tourist trap and not a hip local spot. But it has always served as a nice "home base" on the beach when visiting from the cliffs for the day. Good facilities and they will rent or let you use beach chairs. You can swing a deal with the bartendar or security person to hold your things for you while you walk and explore. Then as you walk you can investigate which place may serve as your "home base" in the future. As to your restaurant question a few days ago....I can't believe no one mentioned The Blue Mahoe restaurant at The Spa Retreat. A bit more fancy than most....a bit more expensive....but not to be missed in my opinion. A Great spot. Secondly is Presleys. Another great spot...very casual hole in the wall. See the reviews on both. Both are a must do in my opinion.

Mentioned in this post
Blue Mahoe Restaurant at The Spa Retreat
Blue Mahoe Restaurant at...
466 Reviews
Jamaica
The Spa Retreat Boutique Hotel
The Spa Retreat Boutique...
758 Reviews
Jamaica
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
259 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach location for the day

I would recommend either Cosmo's or Sun Beach.

Mentioned in this post
Cosmo's
Cosmo's
532 Reviews
Jamaica
Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
6,050 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach location for the day

Wild Parrot or Coco La Palm.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Port Antonio
Level Contributor
986 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach location for the day

Sun Beach is a good spot to chill, nice mix and shade and sun, good bar and restaurant

Edited: 19 March 2013, 18:45
Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
645 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach location for the day

Do they serve Jamaican food at Wild Parrot? It looks like they specialize in mojitos and fish tacos. :)

Also, are there items like burgers or sandwiches there?

Edited: 19 March 2013, 18:52
Oxford, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach location for the day

When we stayed at Catcha, they would drop us off at Margarittavile. Plenty of nice chairs, delicious food, nice little bar on the beach. You can always walk to many other beach bars and places to eat that are close by.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach location for the day

Catcha has an agreement with Margaritaville as do several other cliff resorts to use their free shuttle. From what I recall there are two pickup times in the morning and one return time late in the afternoon. You need to make arrangements a day in advance through the front office at Catcha.

10. Re: Beach location for the day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2014, 04:18