We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Line ups at customs / immigration?

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
341 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Line ups at customs / immigration?

Hey all, what are the lineups like there these days?

We're arriving on a wednesday, around 130pm.

How long do you think it will take to get through?

YQG
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Line ups at customs / immigration?

All depends on the number of flights that get in at the same time. We arrived Saturday at approx 10:45 am and it was quick, then had to wait for our bags.

Happy travels

S.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
341 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Line ups at customs / immigration?

Yeah, thats the issue isnt it? I checked Sangster, and looks like about 5 flights arriving within the 1/2 hour before / after us.

Just hoping its not too bad I guess. Sangster is basically organized chaos at the best of times.

san antonio
Level Contributor
2,531 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Line ups at customs / immigration?

If it looks really busy and you don't mind spending the money, the clubmobay arrival service will get you through in about 15 minutes. Came in really handy when we arrived at 1pm on the Saturday before Christmas, saved well over an hour. It's not just how many planes are coming in, it depends on how full they are.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
341 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Line ups at customs / immigration?

Well, April 3rd - could be full planes arriving. Eeeesh.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,204 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Line ups at customs / immigration?

TimAndJudy00: If you think Sangster Jamaican immigration and customs is organized chaos you should have seen it five years ago. Unairconditioned immigration hall. You picked the line you wanted to stand in. Real chaos. Very smooth process nowadays in a modern air conditioned immigration hall. Yes, if multiple planes disembark at a close time, the line can get long, but it's soooooo much better now than it was years ago. To insure a speedy immigration line, bring a pen on the plane with you, complete the JA immigration form on BOTH sides whilst on the plane, and you will enter the snaking que in the most expeditious fashion possible. From there, the line for customs is never a line even...unless of course you must declare something.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
341 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Line ups at customs / immigration?

SRCfan - I was there 5 years ago - perhaps that's my worry?

Thanks for the update!

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,204 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Line ups at customs / immigration?

Yup...much improved now. If you travel to Sangster International nowadays they have entered the 21st century wrt to customs and immigration procedures for visitors. Not sure and I don't have any data, but even the agents appear to be nicer now too! More like welcoming you home than grilling you...

Canada
Level Contributor
3,762 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Line ups at customs / immigration?

I've been rather impressed with Sangster International. 3 trips over the past 4 years. Compared to a lot of places, most in fact, it's a joy!

Maryland
Level Contributor
152 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Line ups at customs / immigration?

We arrived on a Saturday at 11 am and breezed through. I think every day is different and you never know exactly what you will encounter.

10. Re: Line ups at customs / immigration?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2014, 04:17