We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tensing Pen

NEWARK
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Tensing Pen

Hello All,

I am looking to stay at Tensing Pen in January. I did not want to go through a travel agent and wanted to book my hotel and air separate. I contacted the hotel and was emailed a credit card authorization form. I am now a little leery about dealing with the hotel directly. I don't want to arrive to the hotel with no records of my reservation. Does anyone have an experience dealing with this hotel one on one or have you gone through a travel agency? If so, what agency?

Thank you so much!

Leslie

Calgary
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tensing Pen

I would think they will send a confirmation once you are booked and deposit paid. Have never heard a bad thing about Tensing Pen and I have never received a confirmation from a hotel until credit card information has been provided.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,498 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tensing Pen

There is no problem booking directly with Tensing Pen, they are trustworthy, but if it gives you better peace of mind I suggest you consider doing it through negrilonestop instead.

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,178 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tensing Pen

I booked directly thru the resort, no problems. Be aware of their cancelation policy, it is stricter then most. I liked using their website, because I was able to see exactly what rooms were available for my dates.

If I were to do it again, I would probably use a travel agent, because I had to do a date change, and they were no help. I would have used :

http://www.negrilonestop.com/tensingpen.shtml

They probably could not have changed my situation, but, at least they would have dealt with it instead of me.

NEWARK
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tensing Pen

Thank you all for the very helpful information!!

South Jersey
Level Contributor
178 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Tensing Pen

Leslie, I recently booked with Tening Pen directly myself. I called them personally to make sure the room I was interested in was available for the dates I wanted to go. It was and they reserved it for me. They sent me an email with a credit card authorization attached to be completed. Once I returned the completed authorization ...they sent me a confirmation email with a reservation number/receipt which stated the balance owed. I normally book everything through my travel agent....she booked our flights and took care of our insurance; but for some reason she couldn't book the hotel and asked if I could do it myself. I spoke with the TP staff numerous times via telephone and exchanged emails and I feel very comfortable. When my trip gets closer I will give them a call to confirm my reservations and book my transfers through them also. A

NEWARK
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tensing Pen

I spoke to someone at Negirl Onestop that said dealing with the hotel directly was totally fine!

I can not thank you all enough! :-) I can not wait to check this place out!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
322 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Tensing Pen

Don't trust what thier website sais with regards to room availability. The dates I wanted to go said all kinds of rooms were available. When I called them only 2 garden rooms types were available for the days I want to stay there.

I booked regardless on Saturday and still waiting for that authorization form. I find the agents kinda rude to deal with. They seemed very impatiant, cutting me off when trying to ask questions and such.

I called them today to notify them that I didn't receive my authorization form. The lady asked me all my information again (room type etc..), then finished the conversation with "I'll send it to you today. CLICK!". Hung up on me!! No "bye" or nothing.

I was very polite on the phone, even after they weren't. I really want to stay here, however I'm thinking I may just book somewhere else. Not giving me a warm and fuzzy.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,498 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Tensing Pen

dpw567,

When you are booking directly with Tensing Pen the people you are speaking with are not agents, it's their office staff at the resort. Think Jamaican time when doing business with Jamaicans and consider their perceived lack of being polite as being very busy multi-tasking during peak season with guests and other things.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
322 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Tensing Pen

Thanks BP,

I'm a patient fellow myself and take things for a grain of salt most of the time. I'll give them another day to send the authorization.

The lady I dealt with at CFS was a complete 180. Super nice an polite. Received confirmation about 5 minutes after I got off the phone with her.

NEWARK
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tensing Pen

They sent me the CC authorization form and I filled it out and sent it back. Just waiting for confirmation. I assume they will send something...