We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glass Bottom Boats To Rick's Cafe-Need help finding them

Centreville...
Level Contributor
34 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Glass Bottom Boats To Rick's Cafe-Need help finding them

I will be taking a taxi from Lucea (Grand Palladium) to Seven Mile Beach. Is this the best place to find the glass bottom boats that snorkel, go to Rick's cafe? Can I find them easily? Or should I have my taxi driver drop me off somewhere specific? Is there a better time to go such as the afternoon or morning? I already see so post on the forum about Capt. Moses, Vincent being good companies to go with. Thanks!

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,227 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glass Bottom Boats To Rick's Cafe-Need help finding them

You can find them ALL along the beach, "parked", waiting for people to ask them to go out. Settle the price before you go out, making sure you both understand how long you want to go for, if you only want to go to Rick's or stop elsewhere along the way (like to snorkel or something).

The closer to town you are on the beach, the shorter the distance to Rick's.

Centreville...
Level Contributor
34 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glass Bottom Boats To Rick's Cafe-Need help finding them

Great, thanks! Anywhere in particular to go for snorkeling?

Calgary
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Glass Bottom Boats To Rick's Cafe-Need help finding them

There is a reef they can take you to...the boat operator will know where to go for snorkeling....or if you want and have your own gear...hop a taxi to Xtabi in the cliffs - they have sea access through caves and you can snorkel right there with food and/or drink purchase. Their conch burger is really good!

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,227 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Glass Bottom Boats To Rick's Cafe-Need help finding them

Glass bottom boats can take you out at the reef or you can snorkel around the cliffs at Rick's. The former will cost a little more (if combined with Rick's) and take more time but there's more to see.

D B
Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Glass Bottom Boats To Rick's Cafe-Need help finding them

The best time to go snorkling is in the morning to the early afternoon and yes! Negril is a great spot. A great Taxi guy i know who knows Negril very well and drives very well also is Mr. Cecil Lee who can be contacted at (876)-458-7602 or (876)-458-7596 or email at reservations@cecelstaxiandtoursjamaica.com (i make sure to always have his business card at hand)

Snorkeling at Rick's Cafe is pretty nice too and the early afternoon is pretty good too.

Contact Mr. Lee and i'm sure he'll hook you guys up real good, he's a great guy!

D B
Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Glass Bottom Boats To Rick's Cafe-Need help finding them

corrections to the email address: reservations@cecilstaxiandtoursjamaica.com

Centreville...
Level Contributor
34 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Glass Bottom Boats To Rick's Cafe-Need help finding them

Thanks everyone for the tips!

8. Re: Glass Bottom Boats To Rick's Cafe-Need help finding them

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2014, 06:15