We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Negril

Baltimore, Maryland
1 post
Save Topic
Travel to Negril

What is the best way to travel from Montego Bay to Negril?

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,944 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to Negril

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147313-s301/Negril:J…

Private drivers are widely used by many. Click on the first link, upper right of the page under "top questions about Negril" and you'll find names and contact info on many drivers who have been recommended by travellers.

To save a few dollars, you could use Clives via a shared ride. Juta Negril offers a tourist, airport/Negril shuttle service where any number of other passengers going to different Negril hotels may be using. They have just increased their prices, so not as good of a deal as in the past (vs. a shared ride, or even private).

The links provided are a good place to start. Otherwise, you could type "airport transfers" into the forum search box and come up with lots more comments.

United States
Level Contributor
11,378 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel to Negril

For the best way to get to Negril see the following

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147313-s301/Negril:J…

I always use one of the FREE ways listed to get there.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
8,152 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel to Negril

Shared van transport like Juta is ~$20pp each way. Private taxis are $60 per couple. Be sure to reserve ahead of time and agree on the price before getting into any unfamiliar cab. Our trusted driver for many years is a fellow named Biggs. Super dependable and easygoing. A pleasure to recommend him. His # is 876-410-0536.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,944 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel to Negril

I had seen a post lately indicating that Juta had gone up in price quite a bit. I just checked their website and it shows a slight increase. $25 pp each way. jutatoursnegrilltd.com/tour&taxiservice_2.htm

Some private taxis charge $65 - $70 each way per couple. Kingsley James is still charging only $50 each way for one or two people. takecaretours@hotmail.com.

thevinnie, you posted the same link I did. I don't book a package or stay at a large resort that provides transportation, which is the only way you get a "free" option.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
343 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel to Negril

We used Joe cool taxi and tours - got us there in 75 minutes, and they provide on drink each on the way. $15 pp each way (8 of us)

6. Re: Travel to Negril

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2014, 07:16