We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Negril - 1st time visitors

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tucson, Arizona
8 posts
Save Topic
Sandals Negril - 1st time visitors

We are planning to visit Sandals Negril in March 2014 for our 10 year anniversary. We are in our early 30's. What is the average age of couples that stay here? How is the night life/what time do night time activities/bars really quite down?

Any recommendations/advice for rooms, activities, etc?

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
107 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Negril - 1st time visitors

Hi Monica !

I am a sandals groupie !! Absolutely love it there!! I'm not sure theres an average age ? Theres honeymooners lates 20- early 30s and plenty of 30s-50s celebrating anniversary. Night life definitely goes until 11-12. Some properties have cricketers that goes til late... But I do not think sandals negril has one. Private message me if you need more details !!

Alexandria Bay
Level Contributor
551 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Negril - 1st time visitors

Sandals Negril has the Piano bar that is going till 2-3 am. You will find your night life there. You will find couples of all ages at Sandals Negril. Some couples like to get drinks at the Piano bar and hang near one of the fire pits. You can not go wrong with this resort....We have stayed there 4 times and the service is the best here out of all of the Sandals that we have been to. Any questions feel free to ask. We were there just this last March.

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Negril - 1st time visitors

Monica

I will echo kitakuni's post. SN is also our favorite Sandals Resort and we have been to them all with the exception of Fowl Cay and Sandals villas. We have the most return visits of all properties at SN and have been going there since they first opened in 1986. Most recent visits July 2012, Dec 2012 and are returning in July.

In regards to rooms our favorites are the Beach front Walkout Concierge Suites in the Paradise block which is in the center of the property and sits close to the sea and the Beachfront Crystal Lagoon Swim Out Butler Suites in the Sundowner building on the south end of the property. I would recommend starting out at least with the Grand Luxe Beachfront Concierge room. Carribean Luxury is a good choice if looking for a lower priced category but be advised most rooms have patios or balconies but some have a screened in larger sitting area.

Activities keeping in mind sand gravity will kick in quickly:

Snorkel trip (included)

Scuba Trip (included)

Take the transfer to Beaches Negril, stop in for a drink, proceed to the beach and take a left walking south down Long Bay Beach. You will pass Couples Swept Away keep walking and enjoy the colorful action of 7 Mile, stopping at shops, beach bars, local cuisine and talking with the beach vendors. Walk back to Beaches, stop in for another drink and shuttle back to SN. An excursion in itself (included), just bring some cash for shopping and refreshments.

Make a reservation at Ivan's at Catcha Falling Star on the cliffs for romantic sunset cocktails & dinner. Email or call Mauvette or Barbara in advance for reservations and free pick up (just tip), but you will cab it back, they will arrange this for you.

Talk of the Town Tours, email Sienna to set up YS Falls and Pelican Bar, get an early start and do the falls first. She will customize a day just for you stopping along the way at different points of interest. Their drivers are great, we have used Omar several times and have enjoyed each excursion with him.

Enjoy Negril!

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
357 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Negril - 1st time visitors

Ahhhh... we were married in Negril 2 summers ago... it's definitely a special place. We are making our way around the different Sandals in Jamaica now (SWH last summer, SGR this summer) but I know a return to SN needs to be in the books... We stayed in the 2nd floor Crystal Lagoon Suites- AMAZING view and that balcony. That room really was the "WOW" factor we wanted for our wedding trip, but negrilbeachlove has you covered on the other categories. We agonized for ages over which to choose.

We are also in our mid-30s and found the age range to be a perfect mix. We actually befriended 5 other couples that we hung out with much of the week and have made life-long friends. I was glad we waited to plan our excursions b/c we went with some of the couples on each one... a trip into Negril for the afternoon, and also the Rick's/Margaritaville catamaran cruise. My only advise on excursions is to think about how much you plan or do- remember you are paying a decent amount for food/drink/amenities at the resort, so be sure to balance how much you leave what has already been paid for- that said, we had a great time seeing other parts of Negril as well!

We found nightlife to be great- when we could make it up that late! We did so much during the day, we were often really tired by 11 or so! But, we talked to others and there was definitely a party going on until well past midnight. Willie in entertainment is awesome. He has been moved around, but according to his FB is back in Negril- that's a good thing- he will keep you entertained all day/evening. He's so much fun!

You will have a wonderful time- great pick! If you have a chance, check out my review- quite a few pics. Also, check out the forum just started by RandB- he is just leaving for Negril and will post throughout the trip and after to report any updates/experiences, etc.

Springfield, OH
Level Contributor
361 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Negril - 1st time visitors

When we were there in January, there was no shuttle to Beaches. We just walked there. It was quite a walk, but very interesting. We took a cab back (I think it cost $8.00). Honestly I was glad to get back to Sandals Negril. We loved it there; it was our first time at this Sandals property. Definitely on our list to revisit. Ask RandB who is there now if there is a Shuttle to Beaches.

The Staff was amazing. Have Fun!

Cali
Level Contributor
572 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Negril - 1st time visitors

It used to be that you could walk down to Beaches Negril and then take the free shuttle but as there is no more Beaches Negril I kinda doubt there will be a shuttle to Beaches!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,469 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals Negril - 1st time visitors

@bruzbabe, there is still a Beaches Negril. You may be thinking about the other Beaches (Beaches Sandy Bay) which Sandals sold to a Mexican resort company, Karisma Hotels & Resorts, and has been renamed Seashore Bay Beach resort. It remains a family resort. Recent guests report major reconstruction underway.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,113 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals Negril - 1st time visitors

I just asked about the shuttle on the on site forum. Like the above poster said, Beaches Negril is definitely still there. It is Beaches Sandy Bay that was closed by Sandals/Beaches.

Cali
Level Contributor
572 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals Negril - 1st time visitors

My bad!! That's the one I was thinking of - Sandy Bay!!!

10. Re: Sandals Negril - 1st time visitors

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2014, 06:16