We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Soo
Rotherham
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Topic
Couples

Which is the better of :-

Couples Swepta Away Negril or Couples Negril

We did Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay last November and loved Jamaica, thought we would try a different location this year

Would like to know others opinions.

Sue

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,347 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples

Please do a search on this subject. There are sooooo many threads weighing the differences between the two resorts.

The bottomline, neither is better then the other. They are both wonderful, just depends on your particular preferences.

You will love the beach at either one of them over Secrets, but neither of them are going to have the glitz and marble that Secrets has.

Edited: 26 April 2013, 17:31
United States
Level Contributor
10,801 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples

There are many reviews of each property. Both are very good. The "best" one depends on the individual.

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples

Here is a very recent thread on that same topic:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147313-i70-k64419…

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Couples

I would pick csa. I haven't been to cn but hear its smaller and quieter. Secrets has active entertainment staff while couples is more laid back. Cn may be too quiet.

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,403 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Couples

CSA is way better. Don't bother reading those long threads.

I'm kidding, I'm kidding :-). We like CSA, but both have different selling points depending on your interests.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,347 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Couples

They are both good. no CN is not quieter then CSA, it all depends on the people that are there at the time. I have to laugh, if you go to the Couples website there was a thread recently asking the same question and several people said that CSA was quieter. I think that they are both equal in food, fun, staff and drinks. Both have great beaches. It comes down to the style of resort that you are looking for.

hoover, alabama
Level Contributor
35 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Couples

Couples Negril is smaller and seems quieter.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Couples

We have stayed at both multiple times and enjoy both CN and CSA and there are many threads on the subject.

We do prefer CSA for the outstanding sports facility and fitness program, increased dining options, rooms, grounds and nightlife.

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,403 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Couples

Just making sure everyone is aware this thread is several months old. The OP probably decided by now.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,347 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Couples

LOL..... I sometimes wonder how older threads get brought back to the top of the heap again. In this case I think it was just for a CSA vote.

I agree RM I would hope that the OP has already decided and hopefully has traveled as well.