We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Lido

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Lido

For all who have been watching the press on this, are they planning a major renovation project this summer and fall? Saw a great deal on Groupon.

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,177 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Lido

Well yes, or was it no, or was it maybe; best bet - all of the above- lol.

YQG
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Lido

this was posted on the Grand Lido Negril Facebook page.

'The Hotel will in fact continue to operate a CO section as before and remain AO. The renovation will begin in the summer with light refreshing and within a year a major enhancement will begin.

Todd Kirlik, Director of Sales and Marketing, USA/Canada.. Blue Diamond Hotels and Resorts. Tkirlik@bluediamondresorts.com'

Inclusions seem to change in November when a 'select package' is being introduced which includes, amongst other things, exclusive beach area, exclusive butler service, motorized water sports, diving. The 'fact sheets' are also posted on Facebook. There's also a website... grandlidoresorts.com.

Edited: 08 May 2013, 01:43
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Lido

LOL ...NorwegianMaMa...that was somewhat the way I had remembered it too which was what made me ask about the latest on it. Jamaica seems to often work this way. But it is still my fav.

missouri
Level Contributor
429 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Lido

Spoke with employees yesterday. State s a 1 year updo to bring it back up to a top notch 5 Star.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,498 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Lido

It will take several $million and a lot more than paint and cosmetics to bring it back from a 3 star to 5 star resort.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Lido

BP, you are exactly right. And a light refresh will barely scratch the surface.

Also, GLN did not have a class system. Sounds like the new version will have that, which is something to consider, depending on how it actually materializes.

They have been so wishy washy that what it will become eventually is anyone's guess.

Edited: 11 May 2013, 15:00
Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
113 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Lido

Hello GinSha1: all our major renovations will start in 2014. Join us in our facebook page or twitter for news and updates. Keep in touch

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
978 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Lido

Blue Diamond, thank you for your reply. Is it true that there will be a "class" situation? IE: diff. beach, lounge, etc. We have always love this resort because that was NOT there. Tooo much like many resorts in Mexico, or in some ways Sandals. We like to avoid those.

YQG
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Lido

Good question S _M,

Claudia, I look forward to your response. If there is an exclusive beach area (I hope not) where is it going to be located?

Thanks.

United States
Level Contributor
11,655 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand Lido

"are they planning a major renovation project this summer and fall?"

The resort will be remodeled at some time. You need to call the resort directly and talk to management to determine what the remodeling will be and when it will take place. There are any number of rumors as to what and when the remodeling will take place.