We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress code at Ivans

Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dress code at Ivans

Is there a dress code at Ivans?

Mentioned in this post
Ivan's Bar & Restaurant At Catcha Falling Star Hotel
Ivan's Bar & Restaurant...
2,017 Reviews
Jamaica
Calgary
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress code at Ivans

don't believe so

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress code at Ivans

Resort casual would be appropriate for dinner. When staying at CFS bathing suits with a cover up/t shirt were fine for breakfast & lunch. We, as well as others did however sit at the bar for a bit during the day in our bathing suits, no problem. Nice casual atmosphere.

Enjoy, Ivans is our favorite restaurant in Negril and many will agree!

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Ivan's Bar & Restaurant At Catcha Falling Star Hotel
Ivan's Bar & Restaurant...
2,017 Reviews
Jamaica
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,218 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress code at Ivans

Wear whatever you wish. I have worn from swim trunks to a nice pair of slacks and a collared shirt. The staff does not care...

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,545 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress code at Ivans

There is no dress code but many couples go there for a romantic dinner, we've been several times, I wear dress shorts and collared shirt but it is also a casual restaurant and you don't have to dress up, good food and a spectacular view.

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,758 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dress code at Ivans

My only suggestion is - Ladies leave the heels at home. The cliffs and Negril in general are really not a great place for heels, the terrain is not smooth there. Wear a cute pair of flip flops instead. No need to dress up in Negril, after all it is called "the capital of casual"!

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Camrose, Canada
Level Contributor
2,987 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dress code at Ivans

I wore a bathing suit and cover up to dinner there, after spending an afternoon hanging out in the cliffs. My son wore a tshirt and bathing suit. I asked if this would be ok when making the reservation, no problem.

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,665 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dress code at Ivans

No dress code but I like to "dress" when I go there, and that includes breaking out the high heels :)

Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Dress code at Ivans

Thanks

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,068 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dress code at Ivans

<No dress code but I like to "dress" when I go there, and that includes breaking out the high heels :)>

Ditto that!

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,758 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dress code at Ivans

You can have the heels - wedges are about the most I would do. Wouldn't want to get a heel stuck in a crack or rough patch - too risky at twisting an ankle - or worse, especially on the cliffs. And who needs them in the sand? Although we've all seen it. To me they look out of place there, but then I've been in the pits at NASCAR races and seen women wear them mile high - and thought to myself WTF? To each their own - amen!