We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Places to Exchange Money and Weather

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best Places to Exchange Money and Weather

Hello,

My boyfriend and I will be traveling to Negril at the end of this month and I have a few questions. Where is the best place to exchange money? What has the weather been like thus far? I know I can't control it, but I'm really concerned that it is going to rain our entire time there.

Negril, Jamaica
Level Contributor
223 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Places to Exchange Money and Weather

The best place to exchange money?

The price of the Jamaican dollar changes daily so my advice is to not exchange your money. Most places take the US dollar. Just check the exchange rate before you come.

The weather in June?

Tropical.. It will rain one second and be completely clear the next. It's rare for it to rain the entire day. Don't let a few drops hold you back from a good time!

Hope this helps!

United States
Level Contributor
10,994 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Places to Exchange Money and Weather

The first question you need to ask is will I need to spend any money in Jamaica or not? During my last trip I spent a total of less than $US20 during the week. You may spend more or less based on where you stay and your spend patterns. Next, see the following to determine which currency you will need

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147309-c140152/Jamai…

Now, if you will be spending any money in Jamaica and if you have determined that you will spend Jamaican dollars then see the following on where to exchange you money

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147309-s601/Jamaica:…

"I'm really concerned that it is going to rain our entire time there."

June is part of rainy season in Jamaica. It will be hot and humid with a chance of rain almost every day. If there is rain it is normally a shower in the afternoon or early evening and will normally last 15 min. to 2 hr. You will have good weather most days in the morning.

Calgary
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Places to Exchange Money and Weather

You will pay less in Jamaican funds...plus you are in Jamaica so always best to use local currency.

Exchange at Cambios in Negril for the best rate - make sure you have photo ID.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,113 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Places to Exchange Money and Weather

How do you exchange weather? LOL! :)

Where are you staying? If its an all inclusive, there's really no need to exchange your money. All you would be paying for is shopping and stuff, and you can put excursions on your credit card, so if that sounds like what you'll be doing, I'd just keep your US money.

As far as weather, no, you can't change it, so don't worry about it. We just came home from Jamaica, and we were there the exact same week last year. Last year, it rained everyday for at least a little while, and most of the time, it poured! This year, we had a shower one day, and it poured for 3 hours our last day. That's it! No way to predict it or change it, so don't worry about it! :)

5. Re: Best Places to Exchange Money and Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2014, 06:18