We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seashore Bay Beach Resort

Hicksville, NY
Level Contributor
35 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Seashore Bay Beach Resort

I heard the resort has closed. Is this true.

Negril, Jamaica
Level Contributor
223 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Seashore Bay Beach Resort

From what I heard, It is true.. closed until October..

If you have already made a booking there, maybe you should give them a call and see if maybe they can refer you to another place near by.

Edited: 11 May 2013, 02:21
Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Seashore Bay Beach Resort

WorkingMom

Sakinah is correct, Seashore Bay closed on May 8th and is undergoing extensive renovations and is expected to open prior to winter 2014 as Azul Sensatori Negril (a Karisma property).

Read <expected to open> as hard to forecast as it will be a complete overhaul of the rooms and pool areas, etc. I am sure the plan is to capture high season business but construction of this magnitude may involve some delays.

I am looking forward to the end result as the photos and plans for the resort look amazing. Karisma has a good reputation and some very nice resorts in their collection.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seashore Bay Beach Resort

You would think if guests had a booking that the resort would get a hold of THEM vs us trying to get a hold of the resort. Point in note, we're booked October 19th and we haven't heard ONE WORD from the resort regarding our booking. I guess I'll have to sic my travel agent on them.

So on that note what AI would be comparable..... I think Seashore should pay the difference if we lose our reservations there and we have to book elsewhere. Especially when they knew they were closing.

But then again maybe they will be operational by the time we arrive. Quite disheartening.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seashore Bay Beach Resort

I was in a meeting with Karisma two weeks ago and they told us about Seashore Bay. There was just too much work to be done to the current resort and even then it would not be up to their standards so they decided to raze it and start again.

The new resort will be an Azul property as mentioned above and will be designed similarly to Azul Beach, which IMO is gorgeous.

November is aggressive but I have seen this company pull off aggressive schedules over the years so if the weather cooperates, it may be a reality. I was delighted to learn of their plans and look forward to seeing the new resort next year.

missouri
Level Contributor
429 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seashore Bay Beach Resort

Toured it yesterday. Lovely. Security states it will be closed for approximately 6 months

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Seashore Bay Beach Resort

"they decided to raze it and start again"

By definition that means demolish and rebuild. Even in a 1st world country 6 months is an impossibility. Try 18 months. If they say winter 2014 which officially starts on Dec. 21st, 2014 that is more realistic.

missouri
Level Contributor
429 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seashore Bay Beach Resort

Doesn't look like a complete redo. Working on pool bar,restaurant,etc.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seashore Bay Beach Resort

BP, that is what we were told. They have scrapped the reno and are doing a rebuild. I commented that 6 months in JA is an aggressive schedule, though I have seen Karisma pull it off in MX.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seashore Bay Beach Resort

Hi.......We have a swim up honeymoon suite booked for July 2014. After reading the comments on here we are now worried that the building work will not be finished by then? I have tweeted Karisma including various executives and have had no reply from any. Can anyone shed any more light on this topic? Many thanks Mark b

New Jersey
Level Contributor
307 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Seashore Bay Beach Resort

We walked past the resort on May 20th. It was closed and lots of work being done. They were jack hammering out the rooms, so it does not look like they are taking down the building structures. But what do I know about construction. Nice area of the beach there. Had never been over that way before, missed the section between the public beach and the point.