We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Negril Jamaica - Best Hotel??

Morgantown, West...
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Negril Jamaica - Best Hotel??

Where is the best place to stay **all inclusive** in Negril for two people in their late 20's?? We were looking at the RIU Negril but I was told the beach area isn't very wide and we want a wide beach, preferably on the seven mile beach. Thanks in advance!!

Ocala, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios, Negril, Montego Bay
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Negril Jamaica - Best Hotel??

Look at Couples Swept Away --- they have a great beach.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Negril Jamaica - Best Hotel??

Best is subjective. What is your budget?

Morgantown, West...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Negril Jamaica - Best Hotel??

Looks very nice - do they have a swim up bar?

Morgantown, West...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Negril Jamaica - Best Hotel??

Around $3,000

United States
Level Contributor
11,921 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Negril Jamaica - Best Hotel??

"RIU Negril but I was told the beach area isn't very wide"

RIU has two properties in Negril. Which RIU resort are you thinking of, is it the RIU Clubhotel Negril or RIU Palace Tropical Bay?

"preferably on the seven mile beach"

Both RIU hotels are on the Bloody Bay section of 7 Mile Beach. Most of the better all inclusive resorts in Negril are on 7 Mile Beach.

"best place to stay"

How do you define the term 'best'? Is it in terms of rooms, food, service, entertainment, beach, etc. etc.? How much are you willing to spend to get the best?

Ocala, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios, Negril, Montego Bay
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Negril Jamaica - Best Hotel??

Yes they have a swim-up bar but in my opinion it is small --- the beach there is the main attraction. They have beach bars and flag service.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,447 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Negril Jamaica - Best Hotel??

I would also take a look at Couples Negril, they have a great swim up bar and a great beach, the best of both worlds.

Does you budget include airfare? And for how many days? If you do look at Couples then I would check out the website allinclusiveoutlets.com, they have better rates, most of the time then you will find on the Couples website.

RIU Tropical Palace has a great beach, as theVinnie said it is on Bloody Bay, I can not speak for the swim up bar, I have never been there.

But Vinnie is right "best" is very subjective.

Negril, Jamaica
Level Contributor
223 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Negril Jamaica - Best Hotel??

My vote would definitely be for Couples Negril. Especially if you want an all inclusive package. There are almost 15 different things that you can do that's included in the price which is perfect if you're looking for fun. They even have this catamaran cruise that I have to say is awesome.

I looked at their website for you and they even have a special discount if you book before June 19th..

good luck :)

http://couples.com/rates/

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
2,026 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Negril Jamaica - Best Hotel??

I would vote for Couples Swept Away. The beach is fantastic and I love the way the resort is laid out. CSA has what is probably the best gym in Jamaica.

Both CSA and Couple Negril are part of the same hotel chain. I would look at the pictures of the two and see what appeals more to you.

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,508 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Negril Jamaica - Best Hotel??

For what you are looking for I'd go with Swept Away, great beach and location, easy to walk the beach and see all the small resorts and bars along the way, good resort with a lot to offer....but what one thinks is best another may think something totally different.......

Edited: 14 May 2013, 19:27