We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beach amenities

Bakersfield...
Level Contributor
262 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Best beach amenities

Which hotel has the best beach for shade, chair availability and drink service. Is this a place that I have to get up at 6:00am to place my towel on a chair???

United States
Level Contributor
11,378 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best beach amenities

Book a butler room at Sandals Negril if you are looking for the best service on the beach.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,086 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best beach amenities

Ditto to thevinnie.

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,529 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best beach amenities

If you are looking at non AI properties, Coco La Palm meets your criteria.

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best beach amenities

ag

Agree with thevinnie & RandB, book a Butler Suite at Sandals Negril for awesome accommodations and dedicated service. Your butler will reserve lounge chairs early each morning under an umbrella or palapa placing a reserved card with your name on it, fresh towels with a flower tucked in on each lounger, a table between your loungers & a cooler full of water, champagne, wine, beer or soda depending on your preferences. It is expected you use your reserved spot and show up by at least 10am or earlier out of respect for other guests who may want to use that spot. Your butler will stop by periodically to surprise you with a special cocktail & to see if need anything. You will also be provided a cell phone to reach your butler anytime between 7am-10pm (a few days during the week these hours will change depending on your 2 assigned butlers & their shift changes). You will also have beach drink service which is also available to all SN guests.

Our favorite room category out of all Sandals Resorts in JA is at SN (our personal long time favorite Sandals Resort since the opening in 1986), the Beachfront Crystal Lagoon Swim Out Butler Suites, heaven. Thoroughly enjoyed all of our stays in the swim out suites including in July and December 2012, and have one booked for this coming July, worth every penny & can't wait to return!

Enjoy your research & Negril no matter where you choose to stay!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,086 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best beach amenities

NBLG, we have been to or stayed at most of the Sandals and agree that the SN Swim-up Rooms are second to none. I find overall that SWH is my favorite, but we definately find those SN rooms to be the best and will be returning for number seven in October to SN, number eight to SWH in January.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,913 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best beach amenities

Nirvana and Whistling Bird are cottage-based resorts on the beach in Negril with lots of shade and personal beach lounger placement service - anytime of day. WB's bartender will bring you drinks on the beach if you ask and there is a restaurant primarily for guests only. Nirvana's cottages have kitchens so that's a different thing where you'd have your own cooler of drinks, not service drink by drink.

If you were looking for a large resort, never mind...both of these have 12 or fewer units and that's why their nice shady areas of the beach are never crowded.

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best beach amenities

RandB

I agree, everyone has their personal favorites for different reasons, that is one of the many great things about Sandals Resorts.

SWH is our second favorite Sandals resort in JA and we look forward to our return in July (doing a split stay). We have not been back since July 2011 and we are looking forward to all the new additions. It seems it just keeps getting better and better. I have enjoyed reading all of the posts in your <What's New at Sandals Whitehouse> thread, great information and updates!

8. Re: Best beach amenities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2014, 05:17